Thursday, September 2, 2010

Watching Daddy Work

My van needed inspected and also to have 2 new tires put on. Since I know two wonderful guys (my dad and Chris) who do just those things, I figured it was high time I scooted in there! Since I am family, I went *after* work hours so Chris could put my tires on.

The children *love* to go to the garage. All three truly enjoy watching daddy "work". In the top picture, Jaxson is standing in front of the giant fan! See his hair blowing? ;)


The boys...

They started climbing in this tire to sit down and I made them look up for a *smile*...


Madelyn, carrying a ladder, in the waiting room at the garage...


My poor ole van...all propped up and no place to go! ;)


Daddy...getting the tires ready to put on. This machine makes a loud *pop* sound during the process and the boys knew it...thus the covering of the ears! ;)


Yay! New tires! Notice to the left, below...that's X holding that drill! He loves to *help*...they all do! Jaxson loves showing Madelyn his dirty hands! All three children need baths after leaving the garage!

And while Daddy took the van for a test drive...the children had fun taking turns pretending they were driving this golf cart...(Notice truck to the left, behind them? That is Chris's...he loves it. It's an old, old truck that he is fixing up...in his free time -- which isn't in abundance. I know he will be so excited the day he gets to paint it and then drive it!)...


Notice X's face below...he had just had a bath before we went in to the garage. ;) Silly me...I should have waited to bathe them *after* we got home! :)

I think it is important for children to see their parents working hard. It's a great example for them and also teaches them the value of hardwork, sacrifice and selflessness.

I suffered a terrible headache yesterday afternoon and evening. I am thankful, that today, it has subsided...however, I can still *feel* it in the background. I have been taking some ibuprofen to try to keep it at bay. I appreciate any prayers lifted up for me. My headaches aren't anything earth-shattering or terribly important...but when I get them, it basically imbolizes me for the day...and as a busy wife, mother, homeschooling teacher and tax collector...I don't have *time* to waste! Moments are precious! I truly appreciate any little prayer that is sent up, for I know my God hears them. I know He loves me and only has my *best* interests at heart so I take comfort in that! :)

Until next time, thank you for stopping!
Kindly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. Your little helpers are adorable:) I'm saying a prayer for you now, I get migraines myself and know how a day can be ruined by them. I will be away next week, we are traveling to Georgia for my son's basic training graduation at Ft. Benning, but I will catch up on your lovely posts when I get back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy...What a great learning experience - watching Daddy work. I think that you both provide lots of insight into how parents work and work ethics. You are good, Katy.

    Hope your headache is better. I hope you didn't have a migraine. They are terrible.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Migraines are awful and I know how disruptive they can be! Enjoy your blog so much and especially hearing your words of encouragement from God's word. Your children are so cute and full of life...Thank you, Jesus! Prayers are coming your way for a better day today! Take Care and God Bless! Donna, Ebay ID: countercrafts, gmills4@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, hope your feeling better. I too have been having some headaches and know how they make you feel. How they disrupt the day. I will say a prayer for you.
    I love visiting your blog and those little helpers of yours.
    Take care.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will certainly be saying prayers for you that your headache is better! As a busy Mom myself, I know there's no time for those!

    Great idea showing them the work ethics. Sooooo important to teach kids young!

    My husband has an old car that sits in our driveway that he too is wanting to fix up. A 62 ford galaxie convertible. He also has very little free time as he chooses to be there for his girls.

    Hope you have a great afternoon. Feel better!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of kids to help Daddy. I love that you do so much together as a family.

    I had a terrible headache yesterday. I wonder if it is the change in the weather. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray you are feeling much better soon. Home Schooling & on the job instruction is great for future workers. You are giving your Littles such great life learning. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy