Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yesterday & Today

After her schooling was done yesterday, Madelyn got to go have a *sleepover* at grammie and pop-pop's house. The kids love taking turns getting to do that now-and-again. So...it was just me and my boys for supper. I made some mini meatloaves (which my little boys were quite thrilled about...they *love* meatloaf! Jaxson finished his and even ate some of *mine*!)

Along with the meatloaf...we had baked potatoes and broccoli and cauliflower.
It's just about time to eat!

After supper was eaten and cleaned up we rested in the living room for a bit...Daddy insisted that Jaxson's blankie was his...

Ahh...blankie is safe at last...notice it is located on the opposite side of daddy ;) ...

This morning, we awoke to a gorgeous day. Although I had dreams all night...not nightmares really...just dreams...and when I woke I truly felt as though I hadn't even slept. I have been a bit light-headed all day because of it. Chris went to a men's fellowship breakfast at church so the little boys and I had breakfast at home then set off to get some things done for the day.

See that blue sky? Isn't it beautiful...along with the trees, gently turning beautiful shades of color as summer continues to wind down and autumn draws near? :)

After making their beds and doing some clean up in their bedroom...the boys were thrilled to get outside to play! My little monkey boys up in the trees...

I got a couple loads of laundry hung out to dry using the cheap and efficient method...sun and wind! :)

Stu grazed outside for a bit...

And Cash was fun to play *fetch* with...although once he gets the stick...he goes off to lay down and chomp on it. It's a bit of effort to get the stick back to throw again! :)

I did a lot of baking today...trying to get things prepared ahead of time for the coming week.
Jaxson wanted to help too!

He did a great job!

I doubled the batch and we got a dozen cloverleaf rolls made as well as a dozen buns...which make wonderful sandwiches!

Chris and the boys went to cut and bring home wood for the outdoor woodstove. Although we haven't had to *use* the stove yet, the days are getting cooler and we need to make sure we are stocked up! While they were gone, I made some chocolate chip cookies (Chris's favorite).


I also doubled that batch and made some chocolate chip cookie *bars*! :)

They came home and X was such a good helper...he helped daddy load and unload the wood. Then they went off again, to get more. Jaxson decided it was just *too* much work. So he stayed home this time, which was good because he needed a nap.

So, Jaxson and I took a nice rest this afternoon. I was hoping it would help my light-headed feeling...but it didn't. Now it is nearing time for supper and hopefully a peaceful evening with my family. Madelyn should be home soon...with lots to tell from her fun times at grammie and pop-pops!

I need to get going. I'm so glad you stopped by. I hope you have a wonderful Lord's day, tomorrow. We'll be making lots and lots of apple cider! :) Hopefully, I will be able to share that with you all too, soon!

Warmly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

10 comments:

  1. Your cookies look so delicious,I have been busy with making lots of Applesauce,I think I need to find something else to make with apples.It is very cute to see the boys help their father with wood Zachary likes to do the same.I feel it is very good for our young boys to be like their daddy's.
    Blessings to you
    `

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy goodies...Can you send me your recipe for your rolls...? I'm baking more these days and would love to try them.

    God bless,
    Amy <><
    corzine03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy I just wanted to ask you if you would post your recipe for your buns and cloverleaf rolls. They look so good. I really enjoy your blog. I read it all the time. God Bless You!! If you don't want to post the recipes maybe you can email them to me. (dl.burkhart@yahoo.com)
    thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for apple cider, but those chocolate chip cookies look awful inviting.....LOL. Your the best. I love reading your blog it bless me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perhaps i need to try the mini-meatloaf thing... my big ones never cook right and i end up leaving them in the oven much longer than the recipe calls for!

    i heard about those choc chip cookies from mad! i was giving her a hard time for not bringing me one back to grammie's with her! :)

    funny picture of cash.. caught him in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a productive day...I love days like that! Everything looks so good....:)
    Hope you can stop by and say hi sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading about your day. Autumn is in the air and you look like you are in fall mode with all that baking.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy~ Really enjoyed your post today, especially the trees even though they haven't turned all the way yet I bet they will be beautiful when they do. We have NO trees here at our home or even around the area that turn they all just seem to loose their leaves and make a mess :) Cookies and rolls look so good, now I am hungry!!
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to know how you made the rolls, too!! They look sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my goodness girl, your food just made my mouth water..oh how delich it must of tasted..I love meatloaf too..
    great pics..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy