Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yes, Fall *has* Arrived!

Actually, the first day of fall isn't until this Thursday (which also happens to be Chris and my 10th wedding anniversary ;). But as I have written before, my first day of fall starts September 1st! ;) Can you see why I insist on starting it early?.....

It is just beautiful out. Stunning, really. God's creation in all it's splendor. It really makes me want to paint. I need to start again, really I do. It's been so long...too long. Hopefully one day again, soon.

After schooling today, the children *chose* to rake the front yard. They did a great job, too! (See that rickety fence there? I'm not too fond of it...our neighbors put it up. Not because they are cruel, actually quite the contrary (and they seem to adore my children)...but I think just to have an offical *line* where the properties meet. This sort of fence is the cheapest way to do that...however, I would love to put up something lovely, at some point. Like a picket fence in the front part and then a privacy fence going along the side of the back. We'll see I suppose. Until then, we will just have to leave it. It's technically on *their* side of the yard, anyway. :)


On another note...I got a new rug for in the dining room. The other one, which had been larger, had been here since before we even bought the house...since my grandma was here! It had been through a lot and I have always wanted to get something else. We have lived in this house for over 9 years...it was really time for it to go. So I found this simple rug for a decent price...


Ultimately, I really would love to get a braided rug for in there...but those are just really expensive and definitely out of my price range for the time being. Someday, though! :) I took the photo, above, at night...so I took another during the day today so you could see how it looks in the day light. It's just a simple brown 6 x 9 rug. We still need to move the tile corner we have that you can see in the top left corner of the photo. (We had bought, a few years back, a pellet stove...hoping it would help to keep our house warmer in the winter. It didn't do a good job, at all. So we returned it. It was a frustrating ordeal. I am so thankful God supplied us with the funds and ability to get our outdoor wood burner...we now stay snug and cozy during the cold, Pennsylvania winters!)

I need to go...the children need bathed and then tucked into bed. They are doing a bit of *tidying* in their bedrooms right now. Thank you for everyone who sent up a prayer last night or this morning about the unspoken I mentioned in THIS post. I am thrilled to report that everything is *just fine*! :) I know that may seem confusing since I haven't given you any details as to what it was about...but I just wanted to share that all is well!

Thank you for visiting. My heart is full and overflowing today...gorgeous days have a way of doing that, don't they? I've been up since before 5am, as usual...and about this time, I start feeling the exhaustion fall upon me...so it's time to wrap up and get everyone settled in for the night, so I can turn in, as well. :)
I leave you with a bit of His Good Word...a bit of love and encouragement for you (all emphasis/italics being mine). Good night and sweet dreams, friends.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

~Ephesians 4:29-32

Kindly,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful day always lifts my spirit! A picket/privacy fence is on my wish list also. It is one of those we'll see kind of deals. The new rug looks great. Hope that Wednesday is another great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "fall" is ahead of mine ~ I posted a pic of our Maple tree taken today. I'll post another as soon as the true colors show. "hugs from afar"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Fall Photos.. Sure missed the Fall Season.. We are
    still have warm weather Its Been
    "HOT" But the Eggplants in the
    Garden love it ....
    Harvest Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, What a sweet post. It will be a while before our part of the country gets 'fall-ish'.

    I've been through a pretty stressful summer, but now, it feels like there is TIME for everything. God is so good.

    My father passed away in January and being executor really overwhelmed me. So much work to sell his house and do all the paperwork.

    You probably don't remember me, but I have never forgotten what a special blogger you are.

    It's nice to drop by again!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the fall pics of the kids. It looks really pretty and fall-ish up there in PA. We are getting the brown and orange here, but it's mainly because everything is dying due to drought. :?/
    Enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really was a beautiful day yesterday and today its dark and dreary!! Thats ok its at least warmer so its not unbearable!!:0) Glad to hear your prayer request was answered! God is SO GOOD!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes fall has arrived in my area also Katy but the last two days you wouldn't know it by the temps it was 90 yesterday and 90 again tomorrow they say. Enjoy fall.

    Glad to hear your prayer request was answered. God is surely good.

    Have a great day.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 10th anniversary may your marriage & home be bless with over flowing love always.

    Our leaves are truning color & falling here.

    If only every one could apply the verses in Ephesians to their life. What a beautiful perfect world we could live in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful fall pictures! Your season is a little ahead of ours - we don't have quite the color yet. I love the new rug! Doesn't something new in a room just brighten everything up?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Happy Anniversary to you both..may God bless you with many, many more together. :)

    Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful Fall pics. Leaves are not turning here yet. Hopefully in a week or so. The new rug and your dining area is lovely. As always blessed by your words. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy