Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Memories


I had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. I hope you did too! It's such a gift, to be a mother. I value being a mother so much. It truly saddens me to hear of mothers who don't value the treasure they have been given in their children.

The children enjoyed a picnic with one of their little cousins...



Madelyn, the nurturer, enjoyed putting the little one to sleep. He snuggled in close to her and dozed off. She is going to make a wonderful mother one day, Lord willing...


Xavier, collecting some of the eggs from the chicken coop...


Saturday, Chris and the boys filled my raised garden beds. Later that afternoon, the children and I worked at planting some of the things we already had started...and also we planted some seeds. There are still more to do, another day!




X always enjoys taking a bike ride...


Earlier Saturday afternoon, while Chris and the boys were getting the dirt for the garden beds, my mom, Madelyn and I made a trip to my sister's house to attend a *Ladies Tea* at her church. We had a nice time and the Squeezle was as cute as ever. Just look at her little pucker (she has such a cute ducky face!)...


She loves her "Maa-EE"...


El and her beautiful mama!


 My three treasures...all ready for church this morning. These sweet faces bless me, immensely...


I have still not come to terms with the fact that they are growing so quickly...much too quickly. I struggle with it. It's such a gift to watch them grow...but I miss them being wee, as well. I am thankful that we homeschool...it allows me to not miss precious moments with them.


This evening, we had a picnic at Chris's parents' pavilion. It was nice visiting with family. 


The boys enjoyed playing some ball...




That little jeep hasn't had battery power for a while...so Chris decided to give it some *daddy* power!!!


Chris has been doing some whittling ever since we went to the Warther Museum. Here are a couple things he has made, to begin with (a knife and spoon)...


The week ahead holds busyness of it's own. As I have mentioned before, my BIL injured his knee during a basketball game (he had to have major knee surgery). So, as family does, we all have been working together to help them (watching my nephew, making meals, etc.) so we will be busy with that...as well as schoolwork (we only have a couple of weeks left of our schoolwork to finish up. I am trying to find things to fill the days...as our curriculum is pretty well finished up for the school year). I have my garden beds to fill and tend to, plus the normal housework and such that keeps me busy daily. I am also knitting a fantastic hat for my niece (not Eloise) for her first birthday that is soon approaching. I can't wait to show it to you (which I will do soon!).

I hope your weekend was a good one. I am so thankful for my mother, my mother-in-love and to *be* a mother. Although we should be grateful for the women in our lives *all* the time, it's nice to have a day to really make them feel special. :o) Have a great week ahead! We'll see you again soon, here, Lord willing!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Good morning, Katy! Such a sweet post. I too am blessed beyond measure to be a mother. :)

    Hope your BIL is feeling better soon. It is hard to be down, but so wonderful to have a helpful family.

    Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    So nice to catch up on your blog and thank you for the caramel popcorn recipe, we're going to try that out for sure.

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids look sweet in their church clothes! Maddy needs to fill out that jumper a little more - but no rush! They can stay little for a long while!

    Love that pic of El's pucker!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy