Monday, May 21, 2012

A Glorious Covenant

Have you watched the video of the beautiful, selfless marriage of Ian and Larissa? Oh, if you haven't, you simply *must* and if you have...you definitely should watch it again, HERE! I have watched it again and again...touched to tears of the love and dedication of these two people. In a world full of divorces...where marriage isn't as valued as it should be, a covenant between a man, a woman and God....here is a story of true love (not only between Ian and Larissa...but also between them and Christ) and devotion. God moved in Larissa's heart and giving up her hopes for children and so much more, she married (for life) her love, Ian. The difficulties these two face are enormous...and it really puts things into perspective. Many get divorced over little bumps in the journey not holding by their promised vows of *for better and for worse*. Ian and Larissa walk hand-in-hand, with Christ as their guide, over mountains in this journey. Their story is truly inspiring and I hope as more people watch it, they will have a renewed sense of purpose, determination and focus in their own marriages!

Larissa also has a blog. If you would like to read it and perhaps encourage them and pray for them, you can find it HERE. It's beautiful how she focuses on our heavenly home and gives God all the glory. I hope you will visit her!

Although I could go on and on (as you know me...), I am going to stop now and hope you will at least check out the video. It's only 8 minutes long or so. I hope, also, that you will come back here and share with me your thoughts on it! :)

Wishing each of you a joy-filled Monday!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. LOVED their video! :) And, I subscribed to Larissa's blog after I watched it a couple of weeks ago. Blessings on your day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This video moved me to tears, it is so touching and makes me so grateful for my husband and marriage. It's so easy to get caught up in what the image of marriage looks likes to the world around us and forget the true image of marriage which is Christ! I really needed to see this today and read their story. We have been married 6 years now, still praying for children, being patient and waiting for God's perfect timing and not our own. I am inspired to be patient yet another day now :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a moving video! I am so glad that you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Katy for sharing this video with us all. I was so moved and loved it. It is so easy to get mad at one another over things that do not matter because we never know when God will call us home or something may happen to the other. Ian and Larrisa show us all God's love for us and that it is unconditional. He loves us no matter what and he is always with each and every one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching and moved my heart. Leaves you longing for more of my savior in my heart and marriage covenant. Thank you for sharing This today Katy. I will keep these thoughts in my heart. I loved the gratitude board they keep and that wifey was one he post a lot. So special. To have a heart of trust and faithfulness like this. Inspired, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, these two young people are shining examples of what marriage is really all about ~ being there for one another and taking care of one another, no matter what. Their love is so inspiring and I would pray that everyone could know a love like that. May their days together be ever better and better.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy