Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Evening Here at Home


Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord, give praise, O servants of the Lord, who stand in the house of the Lord in the courts of the house of our God! 
Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing to His name for it is pleasant! For the Lord has chosen Jacob for Himself, Israel as His own possession.
For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods. Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps.
He it is Who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth,Who makes lightnings for the rain and brings forth wind from his storehouses. 
~Psalm 135:1-7


I thank our Almighty Father for the blessings of my family...spending time with, enjoying and loving them. They are each gifts...truly wonderful gifts. Each of us is imperfect and flawed...but through God's grace, we are growing and learning in Him. The children have squabbles and such...but we are training them up through those, using the opportunities to teach selflessness, love and kindness. It's a process... daily teaching them (and myself), through His word, how to be more like Jesus, the perfect Example.


Penny, Pearl and Polly got to enjoy some time in the outdoor pen (when Chris was mowing around the pen they all got scared and ran into the little house!)...


Playing and bike riding...






The children threw scratch in for the girls...but they weren't wanting to eat it since they had nothing to *scratch* around...


So I put some straw in there and the girls had fun, scratching and eating...


She's flown the coop!


My smiling Ruthers (she's always so happy!)...


Before I go...I just wanted to share with you that I added another *page* to my sidebar...it has links to different sermons/speakers (some short videos, some longer) that I have found edifying and encouraging (and convicting)...I will be continually adding to it. I encourage you to check it out HERE!

Have a most enjoyable Thursday!!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Okay... your dog is totally crackin' me up! SOOOO darling!! I'm usually flying through your blog lately, sorry for not leaving comments, but as always I LOVE your blog! I'm connecting to your sermon links right now while I scrub out the kitchen top to bottom. I chased the kids out and put them in front of a movie. Otherwise they slip and slide all over my wet floors. Blessings on you Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...beautiful family...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed my visit to you home. Love your "girls"--wish we were able to have some. We are not able health wise to care for them and out city does not allow them. There are large cities around us that are passing zoning laws that you can have them with a limited amount.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy