Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Productive Way to Exercise!


Mowing with a reel mower can be quite an exhausting chore (although a great way to get into shape!)...especially when you are mowing our hilly lawn. I mowed some and then Madelyn offered to take a turn. I gratefully accepted (embarrassed how quickly I can get winded) and sat down on the swing in the shade for a few minutes.



Xavier took a turn next...


Jaxson on his "crutch"...


My Ruthers (I have tried to get her weight down...but really, I think she must be half bull-dog/half terrier (although her papers say she is half terrier/half sheltie)...as she seems to look like a bull-dog in her body but like a terrier in the face!)...


Madelyn and Xavier drying and putting dishes away together (it was X's chore for that day but Madelyn was helping him!)...


The other night, we enjoyed a small picnic with Chris's parents and my dad (my mom was at home resting, as she wasn't feeling well with sinus trouble). We enjoyed a simple meal of hamburgers, hotdogs, homemade mac and cheese and homemade chocolate ice cream!

Ever since going to Ohio and visiting the Warther Museum, Chris has been whittling in his spare time. He's made lots of fun things...wood knives for the boys and below, he is whittling a fork for Madelyn...


Xavier enjoying some homemade chocolate ice cream...


Jaxson *loves* watermelon...


Eloise isn't feeling 100% this week (nor is my sister who is dealing with the discomforts that can often accompany the first trimester of pregnancy) so they didn't come to town this week for a visit.  We may just have to take a trip over to their house, if we can, sometime. It's just terrible to miss seeing the Squeezle!

Tonight we're going to the big garden to plant corn. I got a couple pounds of Bodacious and my mother-in-love got a couple pounds of another kind of corn. Although the weather is just beautiful today...I am battling a bit of a headache (which has been lingering there all day). So, I am looking forward to getting the seeds planted and then heading to bed...soft pillows, snuggled down in quilts (as our room stays nice and chilly in the summer due to a small AC and a ceiling fan)...I can't wait!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. Your children are very fun to see in your photos. Reminds me of good childhood memories. Hope your headache eases, and that your little niece recovers too. Your sister will be blessed when she brings forth her new little one, I'm sure. The travail is forgotten in the joy. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a headache kind of day as I have had one all day. I enjoyed seeing X & M drying the dishes. My sister and I often did dished together and it was a great time for sharing and bonding.

    I hope your headache eases soon. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exercise. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...as I'm reading your blog I'm battling a headache myself..I think it's just my body telling me I'm tired. i hope you are feeling better.
    Wood whittling can be so much fun but please be careful if your using a carving knife... I learned this lesson the hard way. I just bought my first knife and cut my finger that very same day. the cut was very deep and it all happened so quick that it didn't hurt. I actually scarred myself so much I haven't taken out that knife since...one day I will...i might start with a Swiss army knife first though...something a little less sharp...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to get exercise for sure :)

    Congratulations to your sister on her pregnancy, how exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy~ Another beautiful post, I keep telling myself I am going to write a blog post today and then I come here and sit in front of my computer and just stare at it...hopefully soon. Blessings my friend Hoping that by the time you read this your headache will be gone or at least on it's way to being gone.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy