Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Knitted Sunflower Hat


I am so excited to share with you my latest knitting finish! It is a child's sunflower hat! The pattern for it can be found in THIS book. If you are a knitter who is just starting out, I wouldn't recommend this project. Although it's not *hard* it is definitely something for intermediate knitters.

I just love how it turned out and can't wait to give it to my niece, J, on her first birthday at the end of the month. I hope it fits her well. There is such a feeling of satisfaction when a project is completed, isn't there? :)


The petals want to curl up a lot...I keep flattening them out as best I can. A shriveled up flower hat wouldn't be a lot of fun to wear, would it?! ;)


What projects have you been working on lately!? :) I would love to hear about them!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable hat! Have you tried blocking the pettals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I like the petals curling. Are you going to have hats like this in your etsy shop?
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable sunflower hat! I've been busy making baby presents for nieces and nephews that are having babies. I've been crocheting a bib from a pattern at lily.com and then also making shaggy quilt bibs from recycled denim, flannel, and red handkerchiefs or other material in my stash. I agree. It is so satisfying to finish a project and see the smile it brings to the receiver of the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunflower hat! Amazing work! I like the petals curling as well.

    I have been working on dishcloths using the pattern you shared with us! The one I am working on now, is my third one. I also have a wave afghan on my hook.

    Happy Knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading about your projects!!! So fun that hat looks..I'm sure both your neice and your sis will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the curl on the sunflower.....a real one would do that, wouldn't it? I know you first picture just made me smile.....such a bright and cheery design! I'm certain your niece will look delightful in it, no matter what! If it looks that great on your "head", it's gonna be so cute on hers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your sunflower hat. I am sure your niece will look sweet in it. I just finished knitting a free "weekend sweater" from Lion Brand Yarn. It is made out of cotton.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest thing! ....petals curling up and all. (; Good job!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy