Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pottery


My mom and my sister both make their own pottery! I love hand-thrown pottery. Each piece is unique and personal. My mom was cleaning out her studio and gave me her *whoopsie* pieces (which are totally wonderful!). She asked how many I wanted of them...I said "All of them!". They can serve many uses in my home! I plan on using the larger pieces as planters!

A closer look (they need washed up/dusted off)...



I love putting pottery to good use. I am now using one of the pieces to hold my large wooden spoons...


Look (below) at this amazing face my mom made. Isn't it fantastic!?


At this very moment, bread is baking away in the oven. I need to start lunch soon (as the tummies in the household are all grumbling). I ran my errands this morning and the children and I will work on schoolwork when we can. Right now, we are keeping my nephew with us for the day. My BIL was playing an adult basketball game for a benefit fundraiser last night and tore his knee pretty badly. He had to stay at the hospital overnight and have surgery this morning. My SIL went to be with him and asked if we could keep their little one. Of course, I agreed. We are always happy to have our nieces and nephews over! His surgery went well, from what I hear and now he will begin the healing process. :)

I better get moving...lots to do and only a certain number of hours in a day to get it done! When I have a spare moment I read a few pages in a new book I am gleaning wisdom from called: The Potter's Freedom by Dr. James White.

I hope you are enjoying your day! Thanks for visiting me!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. That's so neat! What wonderful keepsakes! Have a blessed weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pottery! Isn't it nice that Mom wanted you to have them. You could find lots of places for those. Have a good day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your BIL's knee!

    That pottery is wonderful and how special that your mom made it!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katy! How special it is that you have so many pieces of the pottery made by your own mother's hands!

    By the way, you figured out the form you need? If you need any more info email me at abspiker@windstream.net. We just had our homeschooling co-op's annual workshops and one of the speakers talked about reporting and what the PA law requires. I don't know how much of it I'll remember, but I do have a book that I use that has been helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mom's pottery. Has she ever come to NC to the potter's. http://www.discoverseagrove.com/ I have not been there in a while but it is a fun place to go. I have a few pieces. I love the face your mom did.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope he heals quick...poor guy!!
    I love your happiness ans contentment that shines through by the way you live! so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy