Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Weekend in Amish Country ~ Part 2

More beautiful sites from this past weekend (you can see Part 1 of our trip HERE)...






My handsome driver (I was the navigator!)...


A big *X* in the sky...I had to take this photo to show Xavier...




Sunday, time was spent resting *together*...


Getting ready to go out for the day...


A gift, made by me before we left, for the innkeeper and his wife...this was my first stay in a B & B and I wasn't sure of the proper way to say *thank-you*, so I thought maybe a couple of dish cloths would work. :)


In the next post, I will show the pictures from the museum we visited on Sunday. It was fantastic and they let us take photos!!! I can't wait to share all about it with you! I hope you'll come back to visit me here! :)

**We also went to Lehman's (which I have always pronounced LEE-mans...but come to find out is actually properly pronounced LAY-mans) before driving home Monday. It was neat...but super expensive! We purchased a few books and some odds and ends. :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Did you go to Berlin on Saturday and walk thru all the country shops????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to a couple shops in Berlin...but there were loads of people and it was raining. It seemed that a lot of the crafty things are similar to any found around here. I guess I was hoping for something more original. We did go to a huge antique place though. :)

      Delete
  2. I am disappointed to hear that Lehmans is expensive. I had hoped to take a trip there sometime. Might have to rethink that. :(

    I think the dish clothes are a perfect thank you! Really enjoyed seeing all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet time. Special moments with hubby. I would miss my little ones like you! I also would love some time alone with my husband. I enjoyed all the pictures. The dish cloths were a lovely thank you. So you and Definitely from your heart. I will look forward to the museum tomorrow. Happy Tuesday, Angelia in Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful getaway. How sweet that your parents gave you this special gift. It is good for a couple to have some alone time, even though the children are missed.
    Beautiful country!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice place to visit... the B&B looks nice. I think I'd rather stay in a hotel though... I don't know - I like my space! Hope you get to go back with the kids sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy - Looks like a great time! How sweet of you to leave your handmade dishclothes!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy