Saturday, May 26, 2012

Truly Living


"Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of air, and a happy contented spirit."
 ~ Lillie Langtry 


**Although, I must add that truly living should involve living out the will of God, loving Him, praising Him and serving others for Him!**
~ Katy


Outside, we have enjoyed a lot of sunshine and warmth. The breeze that blows helps keep us cool after working (mowing, gardening, etc.) and playing outside. I enjoy the view from the windows...



In and around the house...



I love to use cast-iron to cook with. We have found a good way to store them by hanging them on our little island in the middle of the kitchen!



Outside, clothes dry quickly in the warm sun and gentle breeze...


Madelyn enjoys reading in the shade of the house. She's reading Moby Dick and really enjoying it!



The boys enjoy playing cars in their "dirt pile", thus dubbed because it really is just a pile of dirt...but for them, it's a place they treasure (and make many fun memories) as they play with cars there. Can you tell how much my boys need a good bathing each summer evening?


Although from a distance, the dirt pile looks like mini-car junk yard, in all actuality they line their cars up and have different houses and buildings they make. Each little car is parked in a certain place for a reason! I absolutely take joy in this and *know* one day, I will miss seeing this dirt pile full of cars.


Lego-playing is enjoyed on the front porch...


This past week, we were able to visit with my sister. Oh yeah...did you happen to see her announcement? Yep...the Squeezle is going to be a *big* sister! Babies, babies everywhere...could this auntie be any happier?? Eloise calls me TeeTee (as close to Katy as it gets!) and now there will be another wee one who will one day call me that too! Yippee! (Chris's brother's wife is *also* pregnant...so there is joy all around us!)

Madelyn with Eloise (who does smile an awful lot...but always seemed to stop when I snapped a photo!)...



Xavier giving Eloise a big smooch!


Drawing and coloring while the Squeezle runs around a bit...


Oh! Now it's Eloise's turn to color! :)


Jaxson was there with us. Apparently, I didn't take a picture of him. I can get too snap-happy when taking photos of El. Oops! So, I just took a moment to take a picture of the little man sitting next to me! Ah, that's better now, isn't it? :)


It's my job, each time Devon and El come to town, to put Eloise to sleep (yes, I am really *that* boring of a person, children just fall asleep when in my company! ;) In all actuality, Eloise isn't all too thrilled about having a nap...so I hold and sway with her while singing to her. Thankfully, she doesn't mind my singing-voice (which leaves much to be desired). She starts out crying but eventually, those eyelids of hers get heavy and off to dream-land she goes. Once I am sure she is asleep, Devon helps me get situated in my dad's break room chair (Although Eloise is a wee-thing, my arms and back get tired super quickly...so sitting back, pillow under my arm/her head and my feet up is nice). She usually sleeps for 45 minutes or so for me and I enjoy snuggling her. :)

 Oh how I look forward to the wee ones that will join our family on both sides this fall/winter. Such a gift they are. I thank the Lord for children and for giving me the treasured gift of raising some up. Oh how I wish our family was bigger....I would love to have more babies...but I am not sure that we will have any more. I trust in the Lord and His will for us...so we'll see. :) For now, I will enjoy and train up the children He has blessed us with and snuggle those precious nieces and nephews of mine!

I need to go...but thank-you for taking the time to stop by here. I hope your weekend is full of love and family ~ making lots of memories! :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

 

6 comments:

  1. Katy,

    Love the quote with your add in. :0)
    What beautiful living. We are so blessed to make so many memories at home. When I visit I always leave uplifted.

    Love the idea of hanging the cast iron on your island. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely! What a blessed life! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures - - I love to visit here. (:

    (Hugs)

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,

    I haven't been here in what seems like forever :) So glad to have found you again.

    You know your boys playing with the cars totally took me back in time to my own childhood, my brothers and I used to do the same thing with the cars. We had streets, we had houses, we had stores LOL

    So much fun :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog. You always have such warm posts. Congratulations on the new bundles of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the boys playing in their dirt pile. So sweet!

    I was in your great state of PA today. Just passing through on my way home from my grandfathers funeral in VA. I had forgotten how beautiful PA is.

    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katy

    What a lovely blog post! I'm glad Mady is enjoying the classics. I think all kids should be encouraged to read them. Your neice is so cute.

    I'll have to start blogging again soon. I'm getting minature goats so I'm sure you'll have plenty of tips for me.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy