Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gone Fishin'


After lunch on Tuesday, my mom picked up my children to go to her house to help her with some yard work. They were all happy to go and spend the afternoon with her! After their *work* was done, my mom took them fishing!

Using homemade fishing poles and worms, the children dunked their lines into the pond. Within five minutes, Xavier had caught a blue gill! After carefully taking out the hook, he put the fish back in the pond and continued fishing! He caught another blue gill later, too! Madelyn also caught a blue gill and Jaxson, a bass! Each of them are just beaming as they pose for the camera!




This photo makes me giggle...


My only disappointment lies in the fact that I wasn't there to watch them! Although I am not much of a fisherman, I would have enjoyed watching my children fish! I'm glad my mom took these photos to share with me...and now to share with *you*! :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Fish for dinner? How grand! :) The pictures show a happy bunch...enjoy the sunshine where you are Katy :)

    Blessings to you,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little guy wants to learn to fish...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! So adorable! Looks like they had lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks like a wonderful spot to catch a fish!!! Katy, Your kids are always doing something that reminds me of my childhood.....not sitting in front of the tv or on the computer like some kids. I love that Grandma took them fishing. What a good Grandma! Say hello to her for me.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE fish! Fry those up Momma! (:

    Have a nice weekend!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad mom took pics... love that silly fish one with jax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and what a sweet involved grandma!! So blessed your children are to have a grandma like that

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy