Monday, May 7, 2012

"The year's at the spring,


And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven --
All's right with the world!"
~Robert Browning, The Year's at the Spring


The trees are blossoming and filling in with leaves. This pink tree/bush, above, is growing amongst all the greenery around it and is bursting forth with beautiful color! God's creation is just full of beauty, isn't it? I have many of my vegetable seeds planted in little containers...getting them started before transplanting them into my raised garden beds (which Chris made for me on Saturday...you can find that post HERE!). It's spring and I am *loving* it! 

Today, I am sharing a bit of our spring happenings around our little homestead...

Freshly popped popcorn is an enjoyed snack at our house!



Madelyn enjoys helping Jaxson with his reading...


Most days, you will find clothes drying out on the lines (nothing is better than the smell of line-dried laundry!)...


Xavier, building and creating (those gears in his head are constantly turning!)...


On the nicer days, we like to take Penny, Pearl and Polly to the outside pen, so they can enjoy the weather too. Penny can be *quite* stubborn (the babies, Pearl and Polly, aren't as difficult to move)...


Madelyn and Xavier were having a difficult time with Penny. She plants those feet of hers and is so stubborn. She likes being in the outside pen...she just doesn't like anyone telling her where she *has* to go. Oh, is she ever a pill. I was *so* glad that I had my camera at this time. How awful is it that this mama stood there, giggling at these events, taking pictures?


My Jaxson lost one of his front teeth! He looks so sweet when he talks. The grown-up tooth is already coming in full-speed though! I'll admit, I was a bit sad....as this means my littlest one is growing up!


We had an enjoyable weekend...working hard, spending time with friends and family and being constantly thankful for what God gives us (both the good and the bad). Today, although it's almost the end of the home-school year, the children and I are going to a local homeschool group. A friend of mine has tried to get me to come for years...so finally, I agreed that we would try it out today and maybe start officially going next school year. They only meet twice a month and enjoy some learning, fellowship and friendship with other Christian homeschooling families! The children are *really* looking forward to trying it out! :)

 I hope your Monday is filled to over-flowing with blessings and joy! And *if* it isn't...I pray that any difficulties you must endure will develop your character and also cause you to lean more on Christ. Although hardships are painful, the Bible promises that trials and tribulations (suffering) produce endurance; endurance produces character and character, hope (Romans 5:3-5). Find comfort in that. :o)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Good morning, Katy! I admit that I giggled a little at the children with Penny. :) No clothes on the line in my neck of the woods today as it looks like the sky will open up any time. Sad since I have lots of laundry to wash today.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katy ... just a note to tell you that I always enjoy my visits to your site. Thanks for always sharing uplifting and encouraging words.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy~Thank you so much for sharing your life, your family and your heart with us. I look forward to coming here and visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some sweet goat wrangling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are enjoying a lovely time! I love wash on the line too - it smells so fresh and wonderful. And the popcorn looks delicious! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon Katy! It looks as if things are coming together very nicely for you and the children at home! I so enjoyed our raised bed when we had it. We used topsoil and mushroom soil together and had great success with our vegetables. I *love* the goat picture! It is our priviledge as moms to stand back and photograph the funny moments. :-) I also think I figured out why I couldn't comment on your blog lately, there must be *something* running that is incompatable with firefox, I only got the comment box to appear in internet explorer. God bless Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling right along with you. The photos of the goats & littles are precious. What fun creatutres can be. My rooster is a stubborn one. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy