Friday, February 27, 2009

"The cup of tea at the arrival of a country house.....


......is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness." ~ PG Wotehouse


A friend from high school and her family came for a visit today. The kids awaited their arrival anxiously! It's always fun to have visitors! This is the kids' lookout spot. They always perch at these windows to wave at those coming to our home or departing! (And yes...the window is open!!! It's 50* out! It feels wonderful...although very rainy and muddy out!)


Little toes balance themselves on the base boards of the room....trying to give their little owner some much needed height to see further out!.......

The house, cleaned, sits in expectant arrival of our guests....




We have a nice visit. They stayed for a few hours. We had lunch and talked. It was a little zaney with a total of 5 little ones running around...but fun nonetheless and always great to visit with her and her family! :)

Yes, this is my second post for the day...but I know sometimes the long winded posts like my previous one of the day...aren't too fun to read. But if you are looking for some loving encouragement....check it out! It's from my heart to yours! :o) I figured this will be a good post to leave for the weekend!

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)


16 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cozy and inviting. I love that picture of the missing tooth. Have a great weekend.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,
    Everything looks great and sounds like you had a great day :)

    The boys mohawks crack me up...they're too cute!

    I went to comment this morning on your post about the rain and got side tracked....we have an aluminum roof on the trailer so we hear every drop of rain! It's okay sometimes but the bad part is the wind always whips the aluminum. Windy days scare me as it buckles and snaps and cracks...

    A few times I have been at the TS and saw Mary Engelbreit things and I thought of you immediately. I need to pick this stuff up and mail it to you....One of the things I think I saw recently was a craft kit of some sort...maybe decals? They've been there for awhile maybe they still are...


    Have a great weekend :) The cooler temps and snowflakes are coming...

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you had a good visit with your friend. I find it an exhausting but good kind of crazy when there are extra littles at my home.

    I read your post from earlier today but didn't have time to comment. You have a sweet heart and a gentle way of saying things. When you post about your relationship with the Lord it always makes me smile.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great visit today Katy!!! The kids look so adorable waiting at the window! We too had 50* weather and rain, but its supposed to turn cold over the weekend! Have a wonderfully Blessed weekend!!~hugs~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 2 things that stood out to me in this blog was the toes on the baseboard! Ha! And of course my love for your ME bathroom. Let me know if you are ever on the search for ME stuff..there's quite a plethora of things I run across.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a beautiful home..
    glad you had a nice visit with your friend..
    have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are adorable. You have a beautiful country home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your house is looking good :-)

    I love the guys standing on the "skirting" boards as we brits call them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It so fun to wait on the company even if you do have to get on your tip toes. Glad to hear you had a nice visit. Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute pics! The kids are so cute! I'm glad you all had fun with your company.
    And your home looks so welcoming and cozy! I'm sure your guests felt right at home.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having my house all clean for company. It really motivates you to go the extra mile!

    I really enjoyed your last post also. Thanks for the scriptures.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute pics! i saw a bunch of mary engelbreit stuff at michael's (craft store) the other day and thought of you. they had stickers and note pads and note cards and stuff. i almost got you something, but i didn't know if you needed anything. let me know if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is beautiful and your kids are Tooo!!!!! cut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of all the wonderful pictures you shared ~and they are all wonderful, indeed~guess what caught my attention? Was that a red countertop in your kitchen?

    Oh my, sigh......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, it feels good to be back from my blogging break! Your house looks so cozy and warm ! Your kids are soooo cute too!!
    Hope your Sunday was great :)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you just love a clean home!! Your's look absolutey lovely and inviting!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy