Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"You don't have to cook fancy.....

....or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients."
~Julia Child



For supper this evening, I made chicken a la king over homemade biscuits and green beans. You can find the recipe for the chicken a la king HERE. I leave out the peppers and pimientos. And I use the chicken broth from the chicken I cook for the meal rather than store bought. I also use biscuits or homemade bread cups, toasted...instead of rice! YUMMMMMMMY! If you haven't tried chicken a la king before....it is soooo good! I definitely recommend it! :)

It was beautiful out today....the sun was shining and it was so nice...except still super duper cold! But I do love the sunshine! :) The kids played outside for a bit...and then were in playing the Vsmile for a bit while I made dinner. I am not a major fan of video games...as some of you may know...but I think the Wii can be fun sometimes...and I let the kids play the Vsmile occasionally...I like that it is completely educational but fun too!

Madelyn played a bit before supper. She is wearing her girl scout tunic....she had a meeting this evening! :)

The boys enjoy playing it as well....but since I took Madelyn's pic while she was playing...they both wanted their pics taken right then too....so one of Jaxson.....

And one of Xavier! ;)

I finished the booties I made for a friend's baby shower coming up. I am now working on a hat to match them! I am happy with how they turned out! :o)

And...I must share my excitement with you. My friend, Elise, and I did a swap...(my first swap ever). She had wanted some dishcloths...so I happily said I would make her some and she said she would make me something as well. I love toile fabric and had seen a super cute bag she had made before...so I asked for one as well....wellllll...it is in the mail...on it's way here! I am so excited! She posted pics of it HERE. Isn't it beautiful??? :) I can't wait!!! Thanks Elise!!! :)

Isn't it funny how some of my posts get lots of comments...others do not. I am never sure if my content is boring in some of my posts...or if people do read them but just don't comment?? I am never truly sure. Oh well....I just write what I want to share. :) I apologize if it is ever boring! :o)

ETA: Ack...I hope I don't sound like I am complaining....I certainly don't think everyone has to comment or anything! I was just curious about it all! I am sooooo grateful you all take the time to come by! I was just kinda "wondering aloud"!!!! :o)

I am so glad you stopped by. It's always great to know people have taken the time to read and share their thoughts with me! :) I know my friend, Brenda E., reads often...so here is me saying "HI Brenda!!!" ;o) Hope you all have a great Wednesday! (It will be a busy day for me...it's my grocery day...as I go every other Wed. and I have my 2 week menu to plan and such....plus schooling and the actual shopping...I'll be a busy bee!) Till next time! :o)


18 comments:

  1. Yours are never boring, if fact it is the first one I look forward to reading. I just love your home, kids and chickens. You seem like such a kind hearted and giving person, I feel like I know you. May God bless you and your family.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to read your blog daily and comment as often as possible. I have been asking myself the same thing what makes people comment. I get very few comments. I've tried writing about my girls, my husband, my pets and even decorating. I'm not sure what keeps them coming back but I hope they will continue.

    I love your new bag. The mail is never fast enough. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I read every day, but I don't always have time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, I read every day, I just don't always comment..(Smile)...I"m not sure why...guess how my day is going, etc..

    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, your posts are NEVER, EVER boring! I think its alot to do with the time folks have on any given day, I know on my blog some days I get comments and some not, I try not to take it personally but I wonder sometimes too. My goodness girl, with over 100 followers how could you think that:) Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am going to be trying that Chicken ala king receipe it looks really good.

    Your bag is so cute that your friend made for you. What lucky girls you both are to get each others homemade goodies.

    Have fun shopping and with your kiddos today. I always enjoyed it when I homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your posts! I don't always comment just because of time. There are a few blogs I stop in to read everyday, but it has to be quick because of my limited time. I usually blog in the morning before we start our schoolwork so I usually have to keep it quick. Your posts always make me feel all "warm and cozy." I love your blog!

    Oh, and my mom has always made chicken a la king. It's very yummy. I've never made it, though. I guess I should, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your New bag is Adorable!

    I too get some great comments some days and others are sparse..Just one comment always gets me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love anything over biscuits - I'm going to try that recipe soon!

    Your baby booties are so cute - I'm running low on yarn at the moment.

    Isn't it funny how our blogs become so much a part of us? I enjoy all your posts!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What some beautiful faces! Food looks delish! Hope you have a great day! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love Chicken A La King over some toast. Very yummy.

    The booties are absoultely adorable! Cute Cute Cute!

    And what a nice purse. That fabric is definitely you. :)

    Have a nice sunny day.

    Is all the snow melted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Katy,
    I never find your posts boring! I always enjoy my visits here.
    The toile bag is lovely. What a nice exchange. I'm sure your dish cloths were very much appreciated.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the sunshine. Hope it warms up for you soon!
    Lots of ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stopping by, even if I don't always comment. It is reading about the bits and pieces of life that I find fun. I don't generate lots of comments, but I am okay with that. I know that people are reading and really I blog because I like it!

    The booties turned out so cute! Chicken ala King is one of my favorite dishes. I have never made it at home. I just might have to give it a try!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that you're never boring.. its just some times I never know what to say but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading what you blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy,
    I love your bag!!It`s beautiful!!
    You are never boring.I too,always read your blog first every day.I guess maybe the reason why some posts get more comments then others is just because sometimes nothing comes to mind to comment about.Or maybe sometimes things just get too buisy to take the time out to comment.Anyway Katy,please know that you are loved by many,and I for one love reading your blog!!Have a blessed day!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy,
    You are not boring...I love to read of your simple life and wish mine were simpler. My kids love to look at your kiddies and your girls!!
    Hopefully, you should get your bag tomorrow.
    Have a great night!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found your blog today when it popped up on Google Reader. Madelyn is a Daisy Girl Scout! My daughter was a Daisy and I was her troop leader (although it's been eight years ago). I absolutely loved my Daisies - they were so loving, always free with their hugs and just loved everything that I gave them to do. I seemed like they could never get enough of cutting and pasting and learning about Girl Scouting in our world.

    Your children are beautiful and your blog is lovely to read.

    Have a blessed week,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy