Friday, February 27, 2009

"May the road rise up to meet you.....

may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand." ~Irish Blessings Quote


It's raining. The sound of the drops hitting the roof is so relaxing. I love it! And I love that if it is raining....it's probably melting the snow outside! Yippee!!! Not having an attic makes storage and such really difficult....but oh how I love to hear the pitter patter of the rain drops on the roof of our home...so I am kind of glad we don't have an attic. The soothing sound of the rain is worth not having storage for things! :)

Yesterday...as I was reading in Romans...I felt encouraged by some verses that I wanted to share. I am sure many of you have read them...but sometimes hearing them again just makes them fresh in your mind! The emphasis added is mine!

♥Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom. 6:4

♥For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom. 6:14-15

♥But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:17-18

♥But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom. 6:22-23

Aren't those verses so wonderful to read?? We, who have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior and walk with Him, have such a refreshing freedom in this world. We walk with a newness of life. (Notice it says WALK and not just TALK.....there is a big difference between talking the "talk" and walking the "walk"....Make sure you are walking!!!) We are free from sin...for we are not under the law (the old covenant)! We are under grace! To think salvation comes from works makes Jesus' death seem in vain....Salvation is a beautiful gift from our Lord to us! He took the blame for everything and suffered it for us! He loves us that much!

Being free from sin does not mean we have a free pass to sin as we please. Accepting Christ means we are servants unto Him now. We strive to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. We are each human and struggle with sin daily. But isn't it soooo good to know that even though we make mistakes...as Christians...we are saved anyway!!!? I find that so freeing and humbling...to know that my sins are covered by the blood of the Lamb.

I know many who read my blog are already Christians...but I am sure there are some who are not. I just want to encourage you.....if you are a Christian~make sure you are walking the walk and striving to live a life pleasing to Him! And if you aren't a Christian....know that there is a free gift of salvation waiting for you. He wants you to take it! I want you to take it! It's the most important choice you will ever make in your life!

If any of you want to talk....need prayer or anything at all....feel free to email me. My link is in the left sidebar. I am not perfect. I am not great. But I serve a perfect and great God who can heal you of any hurt or need you have! And I would love to pray for you!

Also....my friend Mya is having surgery today...if you can lift up a prayer for her today...I know she will really appreciate it!!! Thank you so much! :o)

Thank you for stopping by! I pray you are encouraged and blessed by the scriptures I shared. I know my heart feels filled when I read them! I hope each of you have a lovely day!!!


9 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Those are some great verses!! Thank you for sharing!!
    Love your boys' mohawks!! Reminds me of something my husband would do. Actually, I went to take my dad back on Sunday after spending the weekend with us, and Jackson had a buzz cut. :( That boy has too pretty of hair to be all chopped off.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here too!
    Oh, how I love it when it storms!
    I feel so warm, secure and cozy in my home!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote!
    Those are great verses.
    It's raining here too. Very peaceful.
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    Thank-you I needed those words of inspiration today. I hope you have a blessed weekend.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great, wonderful verses, Katy! I remember having to memorize that chapter in Romans as a teenager. I never forgot all those lessons.

    Loved the pictures of your children, too.

    And. . . . I loved clicking on you blog today and seeing your bright, smiling face there!!! Just perfect!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katy. Thank you so much! I have tears in my eyes. Your friendship is a blessing I treasure dearly!

    XOXOXOXO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, truly beautiful

    love ya honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right..we need to walk the talk not just talk the talk. Sometimes in life that is easier said then done. Good thing GOD is not only just, but also loving and gracious with all our shortcomings! If only we had a touch of His patience...

    Not sure if I have delurked on your blog before....figured I should since after posting my most recent post! (-: http://jasonandirma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that Katy. Here it is Sunday night and I am playing catch up again! It would have been good to slow down and ponder those verses with you on Friday. Oh well, better late than never :-)

    Don't forget to take that measurement. I just got a beautiful yellow and white butterfly material that has Madeline's name on it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy