Monday, February 16, 2009

X's New Lamp!

Isn't this lamp neat? I know..it says acid on it...but have NO fear...there is NO acid anywhere in or around it! It's in X's room and he really loves it! My parents gave it to him! :) My uncle added the neat orange night light on it (in pic below)....

And here it is with the actual light on......


I layed down on Xavier's bed and this is his view.....it's really neat. When you turn off the lights...the little stars glow and it is so fun!

I did a lil rearranging in the schoolroom yesterday. Yes...I have a cold...but sometimes I just get sick of "resting" and I neeeeeed to do something...do you know what I mean? So I took down the big table used for my desk and organized things on shelves and did this.....

And I hung up this super big...super neat poster that my mom got the kids of the United States. It has such fun stuff on it....

Most of the weekend though....with this cold...I sat and worked on knitting. I have been working on booties for a friend's baby shower....but they both seemed to have ended up too big.

I haven't made a second one of the above bootie yet...but am working on a second one of the bootie pictured below!.....

And....I am happy to say that I finished the other mitten! Ta da!!!!......


Although I still have my cold....life goes on....so back into it I go...sniffling and sneezing all the way! lol I hope you all are doing well and had a great weekend! :)

16 comments:

  1. I just loooooove your desk! It looks so cozy and warm.. I think the lighting may have had 'something' to do with that too ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you feel better soon! LOVE the mittens and booties and what a cool lamp for a boy's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colds are no fun, but I guess they do make us appreciate the days that we feel healthy!

    I love your knitting projects. The mittens would make some wonderful gifts!

    Hope you feel better soon,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that lamp-so unique!! I posted about your tote. I hope you love it!! I am going to the post office in a bit to send it off to you.
    Hope you get to feeling better!!
    No snot on the booties!! ;)
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really a neat lamp! I lvoe lamps made out of odd things. LOL!
    Your knitting is coming right along! Good for you!
    And I too, have a cold or sinus issues. I didn;t feel too good al weekend, but today I have been working it out! LOL! I decided not to give in to it and work myself silly this morning.
    Hope you and me are both feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute lamp. It just screams little boy!

    Love the mittens. They look warm and cozy!

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are better soon. X's lamp is pretty neat! And great job on the knitting! WOoHOo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lamp, it's so cute.

    And look at you making all these awesome knitting projects. I love the mittens and the booties. I can't get a hang of the circular needles, they just annoy me so I've given up LOL

    I'll stick to crochet LOL

    Have a wonderful day Katy and I hope you feel better, we're all still sick here at home but yesterday I also had to do something and completely organized the bedroom closets LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lamp is so cool ! I bet he loves it, who wouldnt, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that lamp is so cool, i love stuff like that made from reused items! and the mittens and booties look great! hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, I hope your cold disappears soo! Not fun how they linger so long.

    Be well, my friend,
    ((hugs)) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katy!

    you won the Padalily carseat handle cover! Come to my blog and email me and I'll forward your email to Lily!

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute lamp! Very unusual. I hope you feel better soon. I too need sometimes to just do something even though I don't feel good. I get too stiff if I lie in bed all day. Hope your day is lovely. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lamp!!!! You've been busy, even if you haven't felt the greatest!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Mittens look great! I'd like to take up knitting myself one of these days! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy