Monday, February 9, 2009

Bowling Fun!

Our church had a kids bowling afternoon yesterday from 3-5. After we got home from church and had lunch...I tucked the kids in for resttime/naptime. I told them that they must stay in their own beds and be quiet for a bit if they wanted to be allowed to go bowling. Unfortunately, the older two kiddos didn't listen...Jaxson was the only one who took his nap. So....as hard as it was...Chris and I told the older two they couldn't go bowling. It about broke my heart. It was going to be such fun and I really wanted them to be able to go. Sometimes being a parent is so difficult. But we had to stick to our guns about that so they know we mean business.

Since Jaxson did obey....he got to go! So he and I went and he had a lot of fun. There were a ton of our church family there and we had a lot of fun cheering the kids on! I think all the kids had a really great time! (Although it took an hour and a half for the kids in our lane to get through ONE game...LOL!)

It was a lot of fun and Jaxson kept asking if it was "his turn" lol....there were 5 kids in his lane with him...and as soon as J was done his turn...he wondered if it was his turn again! ;o)

In other news....Chris and I think I may have pulled a muscle somehow in my right shoulder...it is hurting me badly. I can barely pull my hair back or anything. I am really looking forward to when it heals!

Lots to do today...hope you all have a great start to your week and thanks for dropping by!!!

10 comments:

  1. Good for you for sticking to your guns! As hard as it was, it was a valuable lesson for the older two.

    Sorry you aren't feeling your best. Hope that it heals quickly!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh What a fun day!

    I find it very hard to stick to my guns about chores around the house, luckily my DH is stronger than me..I'm learning to be stronger thru him.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to be a mommy but you've got to be consistent! Good for you! Jaxson looks like it had a great time. Even his boo-boo on his fore head looks better! Have a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm feeling a ton better, thanks :)

    Have a great week. Glad ya'll had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is hard to do but you did the right thing. Maybe next time, they will use their better judgement.
    Bowling is such fun and Jax does appear to be having a great time.
    Hope that shoulder gets better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katy!
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun...We were thinking about taking Alex bowling sometime, but didn't know if he was too young. I hope your shoulder heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Jaxson had a blast. Too bad the other two weren't able to join him.

    Hope you shoulder heals quickly too. That would be hard dealing with 3 kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be proud of yourself for finding the strength to keep your word to your children. My oldest is 20 and I also have a couple of teenagers, I still find it just as difficult as you did :)

    I'm glad little Jaxson had a good time.

    I said a prayer for your shoulder.

    Have a blessed evening,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like so much fun! Sorry to hear the older two weren't able to go.... but you did the right thing.

    I know how bad it feels.. we have a rule that 'no eating dinner means no desert'.. and it's soooo hard to eat your desert when you know little one isn't getting any. But then again, she could always choose to finish her plate later and eat her desert later anyway.... it's always just about 'who gets her way' ;)

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had to make those tough decisions before and it's not fun - but it's for the best.

    Hope you get some relief from the pain soon.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy