Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Handmade With Love

Tonight I finished knitting a baby hat to go with the booties I knitted previously. :) They will be for a new mother-to-be that I am friends with. This is her first baby! I will give them to her at her baby shower in a couple weeks! :) I really enjoy watching people use/wear things I have made. It gives me such a warm feeling!
We don't see these friends often. It is actually the sister of my brother in law. They don't live close....so we see them mostly at my nephews' birthdays etc. I do hope that her sweet baby will be able to get good use from these items!

**I also hope to give her the Padalily that I won from Nesting Place! Out of over 300 comments...I won! I was so excited! And I won a wonderful prize! The only thing is that my littles don't need a seat carrier anymore....so I figured this would be a wonderful gift to give my pregnant friend!!! :) I picked out THIS star paisley one! I think it is so pretty! I wish I still had a wee one to use it for...but alas...tis better for me to gift what I am receiving! :) Thanks Nester & Padalily! :)

Today was grocery day...with all three littles in tow. It was raining/snowing outside with muck and sludge everywhere. I must admit...it was a pretty stressful time...although I am happy to report that I stayed under budget on my groceries...so that is a good thing! :) I do have a bit of a headache though...so I am looking forward to hitting the hay! :) Tomorrow (Thursday) I have housework and schooling to do (of course) but I would also like to make *sugar cookies* with the kids...my mom gave us a TON of sprinkles....I'll be sure to update about all that!

Right now though...my bed is looking very inviting. I aim to snuggle down into my quilts and read a bit of The Longing by Beverly Lewis before praying and drifting off to sleep! :) (It is the last book of the Nellie Fisher series...and although I am soooo loving to see how it all turns out in the end...I also hate finishing a series because there is nothing more of it to look forward to!! :)

Thank you so much for dropping by! All your comments on my last post were so encouraging! THANK YOU! :) I hope you are having a good week and if you aren't ~ remember to let God's strength shine through your weakness! :o)


15 comments:

  1. What a sweet hat and booties. I'm sure the mother to be will love them and use them. I love hand made gifts. I received hand made blankets for both of my girls and I still have them. I hope one day to pass them along when they have their first baby.

    Under budget is wonderful. Do you ever plan your menus and then change them as the week goes a long?

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable. Enjoy your book and have a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Katy, that is SO cute!!
    I loved when my kids were little and got homemade knitted things...they are just so wonderful.

    Take care...send a sugar cookie my way...it will go nicely with my tea!! :)

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet gift for your friend.

    Good job on staying under budget. It is not always easy with little ones in tow. Sometimes I just want to throw things in the cart and get out of there when Megan is not on her best behavior!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mornin' katy! You are a truly amazing knitter! I never could do that in a million years. I tried to knit once, it's so hard! lol. I can crochet, but not special things like booties and hats. Great job! I miss ya :) niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I`m sure she will enjoy them very much Katy!! You did a great job knitting them!!Thank you so much for sharing your projects with us!!Have a blessed day!!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat and booties! I've got to get back on budget with my grocery shopping. I used to plan much better than I do right now!

    I had to take a break from Beverly Lewis. She's my favorite. A couple years ago, I was reading every series she had - one after another. I was slightly addicted;) I'd love to start reading again . . . but I'm a little afraid!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The booties and hat are precious! I love the color. I have a baby sweater that my mother knit for my baby brother that is a similar color. I used it for all three of my children. Hope you're having a lovely day! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat and booties are so sweet!! I thought about you yesterday as I made chicken and dumplings. I actually boiled a whole{store bought and cooked} rotisserie chicken for the broth. It was so good, too!! Your recipe looks delish as well!!
    Hope you have a great day!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe your a beginner knitter, they look so advanced! Nice job! Any baby would love to have such a gift. Handmade is always best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT IS THE CUTEST LIL HAT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,

    That's such a nice gift to give...handmade with love! I know I would love a gift like that! It is so sweet looking too! I know that gift will be greatly appreciated!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy,

    That's such a nice gift to give...handmade with love! I know I would love a gift like that! It is so sweet looking too! I know that gift will be greatly appreciated!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Katy, boy you really are talented with the knitting. That always seemed so complicated to me. I am more of a sewing machine girl. I love to make bibs and little blankets for baby gifts for the same reason you do--homemade is better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy, what a loving gift for your friend! They look profesionally knitted! You are doing so well!
    And I'm sure she will enjoy them very much!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy