Thursday, February 12, 2009

Knitting Mittens!

OK....the mittens in these pictures are of the same mitten! I just finished the first one and will start the second one to go with it too....but I wanted to share what I had done so far! This is the first mitten I have ever knitted! :) (Below is a picture with my actual hand in the mitten!)

It's really exciting to finish a new project! Although...this is only halfway done...LOL...one mitten down and one to go! :) I made the smallest adult size...and I don't have the tiniest hands...so they are not perfect for me but I will gift them if I can :).

ALSO...I am not sure if you noticed...but I changed my favicon. It is the little picture beside my blog's name up on the tab of your browser....and also in the box beside the address window of your browser! :) It's a chicken!!! hehe! :) If you want to change yours and you are a blogger....HERE is a tutorial that I found helpful! :)

Hope we don't lose our electric. Alot of people in our town have due to lots of strong wind and rain we have been having since last night. I guess if we do though, we'll light some candles and go about our chores anyway! :o) I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!


6 comments:

  1. Love the mitten!! I have that same yarn here...it is the yarn I used in my son's blanket last year (swedish weaving).

    We are not getting high winds, but our school is cancelled....and I didn't realize how bad it was until DH went out to go to work...and came back...we can't get out of the driveway it is so slippery! So, I hope it warms up a bit!!

    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of your mitten! I understand that mittens are not that easy to knit so congratulations!
    Hope you do okay with your winds. I have a special cupboard full of candles, batteries, flashlights etc just ready for those power outages. Very handy especially during hurricane season! Have a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, you couldn't be any cuter! I just want to squeeze you! I love that you have taken off with knitting and you find so much joy in it. Fantastic!! You inspire me daily, girl! I just love ya!

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR KATY,
    I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG TODAY...THE MITTENS ARE ADORABLE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO KNIT....
    I TRIED TO ENTER YOUR DISHCLOTH GIVE AWAY BUT IT KEEPS COMING UP CANNOT FIND PAGE AND IT TOOK ME FOUR TRIES TO GET THIS PAGE UP....I DON'T KNOW IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS TALKED OF HAVING TROUBLE BUT I BET YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE TWICE AS MANY IF PEOPLE COULD GET THROUGH.
    BLESSINGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you

    makin' all sorts of things

    Awesome! WOoHOo!

    I was just beside myself when I stitched my first few rows of a scarf..I can't wait to learn how to make more than that :) It's a very excited and proud feeling, huh? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great mitten! I would totally wear those... I just need to move where it snows :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy