Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cardigan Progress Excitement!!!

Oh...I am so excited...can you tell??? ;o) This is the biggest project I have ever started knitting..and I am learning so much and loving the challenge of it. All the stitches make my fingers tired...but I feel so addicted to it because I just love watching it turn in to something! I think it is so beautiful how a simple ball of yarn can turn into such beautiful items...with a little time and care! The top picture there shows how it would look if the doll's head was through the hole at the top. I am starting to work on sleeves! YES! Sleeves! I am so excited!!!! (Is it bad to get this excited over something?)
Below is a closer picture of the stitches. I love the decorative holes on it!

And another view of it so far....
(it's hard to get a good view of it...because it looks kinda funky at the moment!)

Below are a couple of fun pictures at dinner time...and then after dinner of the kids playing while I knitted and Chris tended the fire in the woodstove outside!

You may be wondering about that boo-boo on Jaxson's head. I had a couple doctor appts. to go to today...so my MIL happily said she would watch the kids. (She was watching my nephew as well and it would be a great time for them all to play!) She even encouraged me to get groceries while I was out since it would be easier by myself! (Isn't she so thoughtful?)
While I was out...I get a call on my cell phone. (I still think it is weird that I have a cell phone...I am still NOT used to it.The thing rings and it is soo embarrassing to me!) Anyway...it was Chris. His mother had called him and said that the kids had been running through her house (her downstairs has doors open to each room which makes it a big circle which all the kids LOVE when chasing each other!) and Jaxson somehow fell and hit his head on the stove/oven. (It wasn't on). But he did get a small...but deep boo-boo. Luckily, he only cried for a minute then was happily snuggled by *Ma* (that's what they call Chris's mom...it's so cute!). He's OK...but when his other bandaid was kind of falling off this evening and I changed it...the wound started to bleed...thus why his boo-boo looks so horrible! :)
~Honestly...Jaxson loves bandaids. He is constantly getting into the drawer where we keep them and putting them on...when there is no boo-boo....so the boy is so glad to actually have a boo-boo to wear a bandaid on...LOL!~



Yes, yes...I know Jaxson's clothes are horribly mismatched...but Madelyn helped him pick out jammies and I don't get too picky about stuff like that. I am glad that she was so helpful! :)

Thanks so much for visiting (I know I say that alot....but I truly am thankful!)! I will be sure to show more progress on the cardigan as I continue! :) Right now...it is wayyyyy past my bedtime. I was just so excited about the cardigan and I wanted to post about it. (Patience isn't one of my strongest gifts...but I am totally working on it! ;) Hope you all have a great Wednesday! xoxo


16 comments:

  1. LOL....noticed on Facebook that you had said you were knitting, and I thought..."isn't it late for her?"....I say that because it's late for me too......so glad that the knitting is going well!! I am thrilled for you!

    Oh...and the bandaid thing...at 18 almost 15 and 11...the fascination is still there...I cannot keep them in the house!!!

    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!

    I would like to place an order for a sweater...I mean it girl, when you're ready, I'm buying!!

    I noticed Madalyn wears a lot of tank top/under shirts. I had to laugh because my Rachel is almost bare in the winter too!! She can not stand to be hot. So is your Madalyn hot blooded too?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Katy! You were the first to navigate over :-) Now I just have to figure out how to change my google account and everywhere else I have my blog listed!

    Your cardigan is going to be fantastic. I am amazed by your mad skills :-)

    Your children always look so happy and angelic!

    ((hugs)) Rosie

    p.s. we should become facebook buddies. How do we do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigan is gonna be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome job...pretty soon you'll be making sweaters for the kids!I can't knit, but I crocheted a couple dish cloths and just LOVE them, I posted a pic of them on my blog yesterday. My son also had the bandaid fasination when he was young! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy!
    You are getting to be quite the knitter :) It's gonna be beautiful!
    Your kids are just great, always, always busy and smiling (even with a boo-boo!!!)

    P.S. Your art in the post below is AMAZING-

    Enjoy your day!
    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the finished cardigan. It is looking great.

    Poor J! His wound looks so bad, but they always say a head wound bleeds alot. Glad that it hasn't stopped him.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the finished cardigan. It is looking great.

    Poor J! His wound looks so bad, but they always say a head wound bleeds alot. Glad that it hasn't stopped him.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand your excitement! I couldn't even think about knitting anything with sleeves yet - still making lots of scarves and dishcloths!

    Darrell just laughs when I get excited over something I'm knittng- he just doesn't quite get it!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the cardigan!!
    My kids love band-aids, too, and we never have them when we actually need them!!
    I want your MIL-wanna share?!?!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really taking off with the knitting! Great job Katy!

    Your kids are just so beautiful Katy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can really see the doll sweater coming together. No wonder you're excited. Sorry about Jason's boo-boo. They have such colorful bandaides out there now! Have a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited just watching it come together!! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I wish I could knit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!The cardigan is looking soo nice Katy!! I`m sure M will treasure it for years to come!!
    I know what you mean about the bandaid facination!Lol!! We could never keep them in the house bercause the kids used to think they were stickers.Now we keep them on a high shelf so we have them when they are needed.
    Thank you so much for sharing your life with us!!Reading your blog is always a blessing!Have a wonderful day!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's looking good! I know it is exciting to see it actually turning into "something"!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job!

    Aww..glad he's okay and didn't need stitches or dermabond. That's no fun! Kate loves bandaids too..I gotta keep them up high otherwise she'd be covered in them LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy