Monday, February 23, 2009

Like Daddy, Like Jaxson......

Jaxson got lots of attention from mommy and daddy this weekend! The other two kids had fun weekend plans.......
:) Xavier went away for the weekend with my mom and sister to my aunt's surprise birthday party. He had a lot of fun and according to my mom was very well behaved! :o) YIPPEE!

Madelyn went to her friend Alaina's house to play for all of Saturday and then got to spend the night and go to church with them (which is also my mother in law's church)! So she had a ton of fun as well! Playing old school nintendo at Alaina's aunt Kelly's house and eating pizza and playing with the babies...Madelyn had a GREAT time!

So Jaxson had a nice time being an only child for a day or two! ;) After daddy's shower...he shaved and then "shaved" Jaxson's face too..hehe! Such sweet memories!


And below...here he is getting his shoes on for church! I just love a kid in overalls....and a plaid shirt ~ seriously one of my most favorite outfits EVER! :o)

And...after most of our snow had melted and my little heart got anxious for springtime....it happened. It snowed....again. It's snowing as I type this actually. Look at all that.....

The picture doesn't even acurately portray the amount of snow that is there....Oh how I anticipate the arrival of spring!!! Come spring! Come!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for all your kind comments and thanks so much for stopping by! :)


21 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures of your "only" child!! I, too, loved my boys in plaid shirts and overalls!! Thankfully, I still have one little enough to agree to them!!
    I WANT your snow!!!
    So glad you got and like your bag!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pics of Jaxson! I too love overalls and a plaid shirt. So cute and boyish. Your snow picture looks so cold! I'll bet you are ready for spring. Hope it comes soon. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Zach pretending to shave when he was small - sweet memories!

    No snow here, but it is very COLD today. I can't wait for spring either!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetness! I know I'm praying for spring! I see tulips and daffodils popping up in my flower bed and the weatherman says 'rain/snow mix'. ACK! I shouldn't complain but this girl needs some sunshine!

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol how cute Ü love your new blog banner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with just Jaxson, each child needs that once and a while. The girls had a really good time and Alaina ia already planning their next stay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, I love your new blogger banner. Jaxson is a cutie and has a great daddy too to let him shave with a spoon (cute idea).

    Yes, dear, will this snow ever go??? I hope soon.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can also say that X was a very good kid. So sweet and a great helper. He held Reiley and played with her, he even tried to teach her to walk =)

    It is always fun to see a child alone, without siblings, personalities really shine....what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, he looks so handsome! I have 3 kids as well, it's a rare treat to get one alone for any period of time!

    Ok...I'm going to stop complaining about the 58 degree high here in Florida today! I used to live up north, I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute post, Katy--happy, happy memories. Hope you're having a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute pics.

    Sorry about the snow! Sending some Texas warmth your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new header. I love the pictures of Jaxson's first shave. I always put overalls on my girls. I think they are so cute.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy!
    I LOVE your blog header!!
    Jaxon is sooooo darn cute!
    Love his 'first shaving' pics ;)
    I'm soooo ready for spring too...I'm gonna quite hoping for it to hurry up and get here, every time we get some sun and warmer themps I get all tickled, then it SNOWS.... I think I'm a JINX! :(

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs~Kath

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    What a fine sweet son you have and a beautiful family, I enjoyed visiting with you tonight,and loved your music.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet pictures! Precious memories! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With a spoon!!!! How cute is that :D

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    p.s. I LOVE your new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww how sweet. Chris is such a great dad. Your kids are really blessed with you two as parents.

    I'll take your snow lol. I can't wait for our summer to stop but we will still have long hot days for at least another month after the end of February.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What cute photos - bet he had fun being shaved! And I love the header - that is so neat!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jaxson's first shave is too cute!! ANd all that snow- BRRRR!! I know you have to be thankful for your heater!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello,

    I've never read your blog before, but I happened by and saw the pictures of the snow. Now, I have a question to ask. Is that one of those outdoor wood furnaces that I see in the background? My husband and I have been thinking about getting one, but we don't know anyone that has one. What do you think of them if that is what it is? Thanks for humoring me. : )

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy