Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Simple Encouragement for Your Day.......

Lots and lots to do today....Get Chris off to work, schooling, housework, doctor appointments, quiet time with God**most important**, dinner to make and things to do....not much time to chat! :) So I wanted to leave each of you with some inspiration to start (or continue) your day.....no matter when you stop by for a visit! :o) If you have the time...I encourage you to really read each one...think on them and let them warm your heart and encourage you! :)

(the pics are ones I have taken in previous times....just a few simple things I love!)



"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is. Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"
~Tasha Tudor

"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free. If we understand our first and sole duty to consist of loving God supremely and loving everyone, even our enemies, for God's dear sake, then we can enjoy spiritual tranquility under every circumstance." ~ A.W. Tozer

"We Christians must simplify our lives or lose untold treasures on earth and in eternity. Modern civilization is so complex as to make the devotional life all but impossible. The need for solitude and quietness was never greater than it is today." ~A.W. Tozer

If you have the time...when all other priorities are taken care of and you have a moment...I think you would be greatly blessed and uplifted to read THIS post from Jewels at Eyes Of Wonder. She has a love for our Creator that is true and pure. Her words and life reflect this and although the post is long...it is so well worth the read. In the book of Titus, it says this:

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

She does just this and encourages us to be in the Word and always talking to God...as well as showing us how to be good mothers/wives and women of God in general! It is a truly wonderful post that I love. If you get the chance to read it...I would love if you would come back and share with me your thoughts! :)

Below....a picture I painted years ago....one of my favorites and I look forward to painting again one day!



I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I am so glad you stopped by and thank each of you for your kind words on each of my posts. Each one is read and truly appreciated! :) Happy Tuesday! :o)

14 comments:

  1. You painted that?!!!???!!!

    Wow!!!!!!!!!
    That's just..... amazing! :D
    Absolutely beautiful!

    Greetings from the netherlands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement KJaty!I will be praying for you as you go about your day today.Blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post this morning. Sometimes a little encouragment is all you need. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didnt know you painted! Thats beautiful. Hope you will stay warm as you are out and about today. Blessings,karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy!! thanks for the uplifting post--it was nice to read such good thoughts this morning. have a nice day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! {{{hugehug}}} I hope you have a lovely, blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We Christians must simplify our lives...

    Love this quote... thanks for sharing!

    I'll be back this evening to ponder your quotes and to check out the link. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Katy, for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting I don't think I've seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love to go to read eyes of wonder..Jewels is so inspiring, i look forward to her posts..i go there daily to check to see if she posted...
    i love your painting, its beautiful..you ave so talented..
    i love your blog..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great and uplifting post. THANK YOU! Even tho it is the end of my day, I sure needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those quotes!! You always have the best...
    That painting is amazing!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those quotes!! You always have the best...
    That painting is amazing!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those quotes!! You always have the best...
    That painting is amazing!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy