Sunday, February 26, 2012

*The Work of a Mother*

"O dear mothers, you have a very sacred trust reposed in you by God! He hath in 
effect said to you, “Take this child and nurse it for Me, and I will give thee thy 
wages.” You are called to equip the future man of God, that he may be thoroughly 
furnished unto every good work. If God spares you, you may live to hear that pretty 
boy speak to thousands, and you will have the sweet reflection in your heart that the 
quiet teachings of the nursery led the man to love his God and serve Him. Those who 
think that a woman detained at home by her little family is doing nothing, think the 
reverse of what is true. Scarcely can the godly mother quit her home for a place of 
worship; but dream not that she is lost to the work of the church; far from it, she is 
doing the best possible service for her Lord. Mothers, the godly training of your 
offspring is your first and most pressing duty."

~Charles H. Spurgeon



5 comments:

  1. So true and so beautiful Katy.
    Blessings Gail
    p.s. I love the music you have chosen for your blog a leave it on as I work in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious are those words!!!!!! Even as I grow older and my children have children...they still need a mother. How many times does my phone ring ...and they need me. It is wonderful. I am glad God is with me. I have no regrets, I know I was right where God wanted me to be.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ma'am - - Absolutely agree!

    Have a blessed week Katy!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy