Monday, February 6, 2012

Over the Weekend


Friday night my family and I enjoyed a few hours out with friends. We went bowling. It was the first time our friends' children had ever bowled! Our children have bowled before, but not much...so they really enjoyed themselves too! I am *not* a seasoned bowler...at all. After getting a strike on my first turn, it all pretty much went downhill from there! ;) I wish I could have been on the side with the gutter guards!

Jaxson taking his turn...


Some of the wee ones whose first time it was bowling!


Madelyn visiting with baby Samuel...


Silly Jaxson...


None of the photos include me as I was the picture-taker (everyone else forgot their cameras). So a photo of Chris and me, to show I *was* there! ;)


Jaxson and Xavier...


We were all exhausted by the time we all finished one game. The babies were getting sleepy (as was this *big baby*!). So we all paid and called it a night (my goodness...I never knew bowling could be so expensive for *one* game!).

Saturday had us splitting and stacking more wood outside, the children riding go-karts and game-playing in the evening. Mid-day, Madelyn wasn't feeling too well and took a nap. For the past few days...she has been coughing and battling exhaustion which she shared with me! Her and I have been moping around yesterday (and maybe some today if I don't get some energy back)...reading, coughing, watching a movie, coughing and sleeping.

Saturday night...playing a game with the children...





Yesterday, we did some family devotions, singing, and Bible reading. Later in the afternoon, Chris and the boys went to his brother's house to watch the Superbowl. My girl and I stayed home. Madelyn snugged up in one chair and I in the other. The hours until bed time seemed to tick by so slowly...I am not one to wish away time but I just wanted to go to bed in the hopes that I would wake up feeling refreshed and energized today.

Today I have woken up (after a fit-filled sleep of coughing, tossing and turning, coming downstairs so I didn't keep Chris awake, staring at the wall, and more coughing) with my body aching and just feeling plain icky. So, I pray for strength to get through this day and healing for Madelyn's and my bodies. Ack! I truly just remembered I *must* go get more goat feed and chicken scratch from the feed store today. Here's hoping that a nice, hot shower will soothe my aching muscles and energize me for the day! ;o)

And because I refuse to complain any longer...here are some random photos from the past few days!

Chris in God's Word (there is nothing more beautiful to me than seeing Chris in the Bible or in prayer!)...


A super-large pot holder that I finished crocheting...


Madelyn reading to Jax...


 And last but not least...a little book Jaxson made all on his own (based on The Lord of the Rings)...




Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. I hope you and Madelyn are feeling better soon, Katy! It is hard to be sick when you are the Momma!

    I am off to do some school work and then to do some errands.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my, I know how you feel Katy. I've had this coughy, achy thing going on for over a week and can't seem to shake it. Coughing + lack of sleep = "cranky" (; (at least for me). Hang in there. Hope you and your girl feel better soon!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanna and Mitzi!

      Mitzi, I am so sorry you are struggling with this too....it's *not* fun. I slept the afternoon away....so I am hoping I am not wide awake through the wee hours tonight.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been bowling in years. I am not any good, but it is fun!

    Hope everyone is feeling better tommorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you both feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you girls are feeling better soon. We went bowling over the weekend also. I didn't bowl though. We only had 1 lane and there were WAY too many of us bowling. LOL. Looks like you guys had a great time. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy