Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts


I awoke this morning, early as usual, with a headache. I took some ibuprofen and tried to rest a bit. It's a bit better now...but I have still been taking the day slower than usual. It was raining earlier...but now, the sun is shining and we are enjoying a few milder days...temperatures in the 50's.

The children, after a bit of schooling, have been outside playing this afternoon..bike riding, running, laughing, make-believe and more. I have done some different chores around the house, read a bit and done some crocheting...yearning for an afternoon cat-nap.


One of the books I have been soaking in is my copy of The Private World of Tasha Tudor. Look at her kitchen...I **love** it. It's simple and lovely....


Yesterday's baking brought about fresh, warm loaves of bread from the oven. Chris returned home from work in the evening and commented on how wonderful the house smelled when he walked through the door...


At this very moment, I am sitting, indian-style in a soft comfy chair in the living room...typing and listening to a sermon...resting and praying the headache stays away...for tonight, I will be watching friends' 1 yr. old twins overnight and all tomorrow. The last time I watched them...they had trouble sleeping through the night. Chris was such a great help to me...rocking the girls. I am praying that tonight is better!


I have floors to sweep, dishes to finish washing and clean clothes to fold...I need to meander myself that-a-way to get those things done. I'm planning on homemade pizzas for supper tonight...for fun. :) I hope your day is joy-filled. Thanks for stopping by!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
 Katy

11 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better and your headache doesn't return. Try to rest up before the twins arrive. :)I agree with Chris. Nothing smells better than homemade bread baking. Homemade pizza is a favorite around here. Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the headache leaves quickly, drink water, it often helps.
    I got the same Tasha book at a used library sale after Christmas for $.50. I love the book too. Love the smell of fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you woke up with a headache. That's the worst. Sometimes I've heard that it's due to a change in weather - I learned that overseas from the locals, but didn't believe them until I noticed a pattern. At any rate, I hope you feel better!

    I have never heard of Tasha Tudor, but when I saw that one picture, I looked up the book, and found that my library has several of her books. She sounds like just the kind of person I'd love to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your headache gets better. Those things can really zap your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy I'm sorry you are not feeling well today...Those headaches can really take a lot from you. The loaves are pretty and Its good the children could get outside to play today. Hope the twins are sleepy tonight too! It is always a pleasure visiting with you. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer lifted. Hoping you are already feeling better. I read the book about Tasha Tudors life. It was really good. How simple she lived. Something I long for. She was a talented artist. Your bread looks so good. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better. Reading about your life is inspiring. You are living such a blessed life and it is wonderful that you can home school your children, and and live the life you love.
    I have a couple of Tasha Tudor books, and found a beautiful copy of "The Secret Garden", illustrated by Tasha Tudor at Goodwill for a dollar. Her art is incredible. She took such pleasure in nature, family friends and simple living.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sweet feeling I have when I come visit you.

    Calmness.

    cozy.

    rest.

    I'm enjoying visiting you and praying for your headache my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so inspiring! I love this post!

    It makes me want to read, and knit and bake bread.

    Blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray your headache is better and that all went well with the sleepover. The book looks beautiful. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy