Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Warm *Hello*...


I'm still a bit under-the-weather...but getting better each day. It's really just a bugger of a cold that I haven't totally gotten rid of yet. If I could just rid myself of this congestion and cough, I'd be *much* better! But be it as it may...I will survive! ;) I must admit, though, I don't have much "excitement" to share...as the past few days have been filled with a bit of schooling and housework...but a lot of rest and *down-time*.


It began snowing again, yesterday, as you can see in the top photo. Although it isn't suppose to get warm, really, today and tomorrow....it will be in the high 30's...so this little bit of snow doesn't have much chance of sticking around very long. I am still amazed at the more mild winter we have had this year (and thankful for it too!). The worst part of it all is the mud...with the snow coming and going so much, it makes for quite the muddy, mucky mess. I can't even tell you though how much I look forward to spring...the delicious smell of the air, clothes out on the line, new life popping up all around us, spring cleaning with the breeze coming in the open windows...aren't you excited about it too?


The children will be waking soon...it's time to start our day. I am going to give it all the energy I can muster. I would really like to be back in my routine. Being sick can really throw our days off. Plus, I haven't gotten to see THIS little girl in a couple weeks...depressing, truly! Although I *have* talked to her on the phone. Mostly she just listens to me...but she says a few things too! ;) I love that!


I gotta run (well, I haven't been "running" any place really....as my lungs can't hack it...so maybe a better word is *meander*). Things to do...breakfast to eat, shower to take, schooling to start. Thanks for stopping by...I know this was a bland-sort-of post. I appreciate you taking the time to visit.

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

20 comments:

  1. I ran to the hardware store with Chuck last night. All of the pretty seed displays are out and it made my heart jump for joy! Although the winter is mild I too am ready for spring.

    It isn't easy for Mama to be under the weather. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colds that hang on and on are just nasty! Hope you're feeling totally better very soon. Your new profile picture is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend...remember the best thing you can do for yourself when sick is to rest!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy - Everyone in Western PA seems to be falling victim to that cold you're describing. We all have had it here too, and I will tell you that it takes a long time for all the residual symptoms to completely go away. Prayers that you'll be feeling better and all energized soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...days to lay low and re-energize are just what we need sometimes.

    one more thing I love about homeschooling. being able to remain flexible when things go off routine.

    have a lovely day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon.... it is good to take care of yourself! Ordinary days are a blessing~ enjoy your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soup looks delicious Katy! I hope that you start feeling better again soon, I know how hard it is to have those colds that just hang on forever. I had a nasty one from November till end of December.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better soon. I agree the mud is the worst. We are experiencing a mild winter also. It has been nice but we do enjoy getting a good snow. :) Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Katy, It sounds as if you are having a hard time with this cold. Please take care of yourself and we hope you began to feel better real soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,

    A friend of mine recommended an "old" cold remedy that worked wonders for me last night. "Back in the day," my mom and grandma would spoon out a little bourbon and honey mixture for colds. I had forgotten all about it...

    Your stew looks great! That's one of our favorite meals around here. Last night we had homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese. YUM! .... also comforting for the cold. (: Hope you feel better soon!!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you're not feeling well. I know the bug has been going around with this weird weather we've been having. I hope you get some rest and are feeling better soon.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stew looks so yummy!
    Sorry you're under the weather, but I hope you can get some much deserved rest and feel better very soon.
    Stay warm and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy~ So glad to hear you are feeling better. I know how it is when you don't feel well, you just get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Still praying for you to get better. Love the picture of your table with the candle on it, so cozy and love filled home you have. :)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy,

    It's never easy when mama is sick! I hope you're back to 100% soon!

    I have to say that the snow looks cozy because it looks snug inside your house!

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear you are still not feeling quite ok. I hope you will be better soon. I can hardly wait for Spring too. Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold for a while, but now it seems that after the weekend the temps are going up, so maybe the snow will be gone and I will have a clear view on the surfacing bulbs.
    Have a wonderful day and get well soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy