Monday, May 2, 2011

First Campfire of the Year!

It has been raining, here, a lot. Just when you think you can't take another day of rain, God seperates the clouds and brings out the sun...Saturday was that day! There was a 0% chance of rain and I was *more* than thrilled! So, we planned our first campfire for the year! We invited many friends, from church, to join us!

We made ribs, hamburgers and hotdogs. Chris got the fire going, early, and the ribs cooking so they would be ready when people began to arrive!


Xavier helping daddy...

Xavier brought his crosses back...


The back of our home, from a distance...

Our friends began arriving and Madelyn got out some of the peeps to show the children, since most of them had never seen a baby chick before!


Jaxson, Ruthie and a bit of myself....wearing my favorite shoes, a gift from my parents, for Christmas...

A picture, taken by Xavier...

Jaxson...

Madelyn...

After eating, my Christopher and our friend, Christopher, played baseball with the children...

Children playing...

Jaxson's turn to pitch...

Chris and Xavier (and behind X, my compost pile...fashioned after one Miss Vicki makes on Homestead Blessings!)...

Some of our friends, talking and laughing together! Oh the beautiful joy of good friends! :)

My Jaxson with his buddy, Raleigh...

We had an absolutely wonderful time and were so, so glad that so many of our friends could come and fellowship with us! A great evening of memories was had by all! Looking forward to doing it again, sometime. Unfortunately, the rain has set in, once again!

I have much to tend to, today, so I must get to it! Wishing you an enjoyable Monday!
Warmly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

14 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone had a great time, we had a wonderful day saturday too, but now back to the rain, oh well, can't complain too much it could be much worse! Have a wonderful day Katy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Fun!

    I need to get busy too, but wanted to say that we love to do these kinds of things too!

    Simple fun, good times!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had SAturday and Sunday so beautiful out there and made use of it. Glad you did too...who knows how long these rains will last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed a dry, sunny Saturday. Now it is back to rain. Ribs cooked over a fire sound delightful! Happy that you had a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a wonderful time, Katy!! I see you got some more peeps~ *squeal* fun, fun, fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the best get-togethers! No need for fancy decorations. Just need people, food and a place to park your behind. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fun filled days like this! We love cookouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy! Still enjoying your blog! My good friend made me some deodarant using your recipe and I'm loving it! Hope you don't mind I link to your blog in my last blog post! Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my your little peep so cute. Mine have grown it seems over night. We needed a break in the rain. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Letting children to interact with the natural environment is good.

    They will be psychologically balanced too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fellowship with good friends! Looks like yall had a great time! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I've had a quick peek at your blog and what a lovely family, what a beautiful and cozy home - I immediately felt welcome! Perhaps it was the sight of your loaves of bread or the jumble of shoes at the door - I have one of those too! I will definitely return to read more of your posts and get to know you better. Here in my part of 'sunny' Australia it has been raining almost every day, a wet summer and a wet autumn too, maybe winter will be sunny! My garden is muddy and I'm drying washing inside on two old vintage ladders which were a wise investment - the wood fired Stanley stove was going for the first time this week... to take off the chill in the mornings and evenings but our days are still warm and we are still harvesting bananas - if only it would stop raining!
    So lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings from the ozarks! I have enjoyed reading your blog :O) Campfires our wonderful!

    *Christi Jo*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful time with friends and family! I love campfires :-) Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy