Friday, April 29, 2011

The Peeps Are Here!

Our newest peeps have arrived! They are so, so cute! They *peep-peeped* the whole drive from the post office to our house! After getting ours situated in the shed, we took the rest out to my mom's house. She ordered some, as did a couple of her neighbors and my uncle!


It will probably be a difficult task, keeping the children out of the shed...for they are already in love with these little gals!

Madelyn picked out one of Grammie's chicks and decided she loved it *most* and snuggled it under her coat, close to her, to keep it warm on the drive out to my mom's.

We get Comet chickens. They lay nice, brown eggs. They won't lay for a while though. They are newly hatched and honestly, just as *cute* as can be! (Be glad you can't smell through the computer screen, though...they are awfully stinky! ;)

Chicks need a cozy, warm spot to grow with special food and water...

We are hoping they all do well and survive these days of youngness. They can die if not cared for properly! We love our new girls...our "family" grew by leaps and bounds today!

I hope you each enjoy the weekend ahead. We are looking forward to enjoyable days....I'll be sure to share all about it ~ next week!

Also...please pray for the families down south who have lost so much....everything they owned and even their loved ones. If you feel so led, please consider donating. There are many different places you can do so, but the one place I trust and have donated is HERE. This is a time where we need to stick together, as Christians and Americans and do for each other. We don't need to government stepping in....let's show them how we take care of each other! :)

Thank-you so much for visiting.
Warmly,
Katy


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

11 comments:

  1. Those babies are just adorable *squeal*! My heart is hurting for all those affected by those ruthless tornados, such awful devastation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept checking to see chick pics ;O) Enjoy those fuzzy babies they will not stay small long! Have a great weekend! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new babies are so adorable! They are lucky to be in your care. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The babies are just to cute.

    My church is taking a caravan down to Alabama with food, water, clothes and anything else they can use plus some monetary donations as well.

    They will pull out tomorrow morning and be there for a week and then I believe another crew will go the following week as well as some firemen from here.



    My heart is just aching as I have a niece and nephew in Ringgold, GA and they too are affected greatly. Our church is making a stop there as well to help for a few days before they head to Alabama. I pray for all affected.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Comet Chickens before! They are cute - we have a Rhode Island Red.

    We are praying about what kind of donation to make...so devastating for those families.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy,
    I'm so bad with leaving comments. I try to comment as much as I can but my computer time is very limited but today I just had to stop in and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. You always have the most inspiring post. I truly appricate the time you take to write on your blog.
    I always check to see if you have updated first!
    My children are in their 20's now and I was able to stay home with them while they were growing up and I'm so thank for that everyday. I ran a daycare/pre-school for 18 years for other children whose parent's weren't able to be at home with them but shared the same family values as our family. They became our extended family.
    You keep up the wonderful work you do for your family! It's the most impotain investment you'll ever make and the returns are awesome!
    God Bless You,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, fuzzy babies!

    We're getting another little bunch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the peeps! We are waiting on some new ones as well.
    Thanks for your prayers and support, Katy, it means a lot. I am just a little drive from Tuscaloosa, AL and it is just terrible, terrible! The Lord was SO merciful to us--I can't thank him enough.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They are so sweet. They remind me of when I was a little girl and they sold chicks for Easter. Thanks for sharing!
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved it when we had baby chicks. I love brown eggs so much better for you than white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they are just so cute. The littles sure are enjoying your new peeps. I have been so amazed with out chicks. This is the first ever for us. Ours are a few weeks old. I was wondering how many times a day to feed them now since they have grown & are out & about roaming the homestead. None of the raising chickens books I have read gave that information. How often do you feed your grown girls? It is so sad for the south. It brings to mind the verse If my people called by my name would humble themselves and pray I will heal their lands. I sometimes wonder just how long God will tarry. prayers for the south lifted. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy