Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Littlest Bread Maker

Madelyn worked at making Miracle Bread yesterday. She did a great job putting everything together!




Unfortunately, yesterday during rest time, we all fell asleep and when we woke...the dough had risen *too* much and ended up flattening. We baked it anyway and everyone still tried a piece. The chickens got to enjoy it, too! ;)

So, today...after our mishap yesterday, we were more careful and the miracle bread turned out wonderfully!

We should have let it cook another minute or two...but I was worried about burning the bottom of the bread. It tastes just wonderful!! :) This will definitely be a well-used recipe in our home!

I was so thrilled to be able to say that the snow melted, outside, and the the temperature was in the 60's (yesterday)! I opened the windows and enjoyed the breeze! In the afternoon, though, it started to rain and storm and the boys got nervous with the windows open...thunder is much louder when you leave the windows open! ;) Still, it was a taste of the weather to come...and I loved it!

A few photos to share...

Little piggies...

Some of Jaxson's artwork....

Busy bees, are we, today....so not much time to write. So, off I go for now! Hoping you are enjoying your week!

Warmly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

11 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Hope you're enjoying your week too!

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way ~

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks wonderful and so does your little helper. The "piggies" picture made me smile:) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bow in maddy's hair... hey--remind her that it's HER TURN to write me back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also made Miracle bread today...it smells wonderful!! Can't wait to have it tonight with my homemade spagh. sauce and meatballs!! I hope ya'll are enjoying your week also! God Bless!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a sweet helper! Looks like everyone had a great time. The bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I love reading your days.
    What a wonderful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madelyn's sweet, happy face is a joy to see! I am glad you tried your bread a second time!

    We ran around barefoot yesterday inside and out! It WAS wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bread looks wonderful! You inspire me to teach my daughter to bake bread! Thanks for sharing the link to my recipe!

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one cute little bread maker! The bread looks wonderful. I printed it off to try soon. I found Gina @ Home Joys a few months ago. Inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madelyn's bread was yummy, Katy! I think it was even sweeter knowing that SHE made it! What an accomplishment. And I know how much she loves to help with cooking. Keep up the good work!

    After having snow falling through half of the day, it was nice to look at your blog and seeing the open window in your dining room!

    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet pics..
    bread looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy