Monday, April 18, 2011

Passion Play!

Spring has arrived and for our church family, it means another two weekends of putting on the Passion Play *The Choice* to packed audiences! It involves a lot of practice, prayer and dedication...but it is worth it. I was told, by a man who attended the play, for the first time, on Friday, that sometimes you can tend to think that a "church play" will be kind of boring and not well done...but he was thrilled to say that it was just *amazing* and wishes he could watch it every night (it is performed for 4 nights total...and tickets are always gone!)! He said everyone played their role so realistically and well. It is a joy to have my family involved in such a ministry! We also just love our church family....beautiful people they are, truly!

The pictures above and below are of the last songs...when the whole cast is on stage!


**Behind the Scenes**

Jaxson and Madelyn...

Cuban Bread, I made for "props" during the *marketplace* scene...

Jaxson, doing a craft between scenes...

Xavier, the little man...


And look at this little guy...isn't he cute? His owner offered him to our family. They are trying to find him a good home. I just don't know what to do. After losing my sweet girl, Stu, I am nervous to raise another sheep. Chris said it was totally my decision (but he said if we do get him, he is naming him Gyro! ha!). Just thinking about the fact that Stu passed away makes me want to cry. So it is something we are debating (for now, he is making his acting debut in the passion play!)...

My silly Christopher...

The boys...

Miss Madelyn...

Jaxson and X (and our friend, Chris aka: Pilate, in the background!)...

Chris and Chris...putting the alters and such, back, for church services on Sunday! Strong guys!


We are all etremely tired but the day goes on! ;) Today, dishes are done, laundry is going, beds are made...I need to make bread, continue with some housework and work on schooling with the children! A full, busy and enjoyable day ahead! I hope you are enjoying your day, as well! Thank-you for stopping by!

Kindly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

12 comments:

  1. That wooly baby sure is adorable! Your kiddos look too cute in their costumes, hope all goes well with the play and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend Palm Sunday! I sure wish our family could have seen your play! As for the lamb, well, he IS precious (I just love sheep)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like fun. And as for the lamb I think you should go for it. When my dog of 8.5 years died I thought I wouldn't get another dog for a long time cause it was painful for me (he was like my baby) but a few months later we got a new puppy Mandy and she is just the best dog. She is now 5 years old (8 weeks when we got her) and is sooo good with children especially with our 9 month old baby. Just pray on it and it will be ok. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! and love that your whole family is part of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Thanks for sharing the Passion play pics with us. I figured it really had to be a busy time for you guys - - and everyone had their contribution to the play - - even the bread baker (:

    Looks to me like that little lamb is just waiting to go home (with you guys). . . Have a blessed day!

    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  6. So enjoyed the photos for the
    family and Passion Play...
    Oh and the little Lamb so adorable
    I bring him home in a sec myself...
    Let the Lord Lead you Katy :-)

    Warm Blessing have wonderful
    Passover Week...
    Trish - Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  7. The play looks so wonderful Katy. My family and I will be going to see a play called the Victor on Friday night of this week it is about an hour away from where we live now but we go and see it every year and we just love it. It is about the birth and crucifixion of our Lord. It is wonderful and the children love it. I wish we could have seen your church family's play I know it was wonderful. The lamb is so cute, and I agree with everyone else just pray on it, talk it out with the family and then your lamb will be ready to come home : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello. :0) It's great to meet new friends!

    That would be an absolutely fun play to attend! Hoping all goes well.

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    Our Simple Country Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think the sheep belongs with your family. Pray & the Lord will give you his answer. I love how the whole family is involved in the church play. I have attended one of these passion plays several times & always awesome. A beautiful message. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,

    Thank you for showing the photos of your Passion Play!

    What a neat thing your church does for the community!

    We have friends who are looking at a farm in the Punxsutawney area. She said she drove through your town and loved it!

    If they move there maybe we can meet! Also they will be looking for a church home in the area, maybe they could visit yours.

    Have a blessed Easter!
    He is Risen!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,

    I've been a bit under the weather over the last few days and have been reading your archives. I come away knowing two things: first, we would be great in real life friends because we have very similar tastes in most things and second, the Lord has given you a HUGE and TENDER heart for wives, mothers, and children! I have been challenged and convicted as I read. I've laughed out loud and shed a few tears as well. Thank you for your transparency. Thank you for your encouragement...I come away with so much to think about. Just wanted to let you know how much you're appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, How exciting! and wonderful! We did that when I was a girl and our church had visitors from miles around. We even traveled with it. It was so inspiring to be a part of a passion play. What a way to worship!

    Your darling children just are too cute! I loved seeing their sweet faces in their costumes.

    Thanks for sharing such a sweet post.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy