Friday, April 22, 2011

"My favorite weather...

...is bird-chirping weather." ~ Terri Guillemets

I am so happy to be able to say, that after many days of rain, the sun shone through, brightly, yesterday and delighted our hearts with its warmth and light! The children spent many hours, outside, playing after schooling was completed! I spent time cleaning, baking, knitting and reading. I wish we would have taken the time for a walk, as it would have been a great day for one! :)

Some photos from our day...

Hand-me-down jars, from my mom...
(Aren't they pretty!? I love the blue!)


I made soft pretzels and pretzel bites for snacking. You can find the recipe HERE if you are interested in making them too!

My constant companions, Jack-the-cat and Ruthie!

Some of the *girls* (they have found another way of escaping the chicken run...so we keep rounding them up and putting them back in! We need to see their escape route! They are smarter than they look!)...

This lovely is working hard, laying an egg...

I am not sure when our peeps are to be delivered...but I can't wait to get them! We have had our girls since they were peeps, years ago, but Chris basically took care of them. This time, *I* am going to be the chicken-raiser-upper! I have ordered THIS book so I do everything right! (Although, I have, probably, every country living/homesteading book ever made...but what is *one* more, right!?) We will be getting 15 and it is my goal to have each of them grow to be wonderful egg-layers!

The children enjoyed riding their bikes at the back basketball court...


Goodness, I remember the days their little legs couldn't even reach the pedals on a bicycle. My, how they grow!

I was able to get clothes out on the line to dry (and look, there's Jack and to be sure, Ruthie wasn't far away either!)...

And Madelyn hung clothes on *her* line, as well...

And, a beautiful day wouldn't be complete without time spent playing in the "dirt pile"...

From a distance, it looks like a giant *mess*...but if you look closely, the children have things set up, certain paths and areas they call their "own"...


Oh, look....it's Jack-the-cat, following me...

And my Ruthers, too. Truly, I go nowhere without my little parade! It makes me sad that Stu (I miss her terribly) used to be part of that, last year, and now isn't. :(

From inside the house, I could hear the boys singing songs and reciting lines from our church's passion play. So, out I went, camera in hand and here they were...

(That white band on X's head is a "crown of thorns")...


Also, yesterday evening, good friends and their children came over for a visit! We had such a nice time of fellowship and laughter! At one point, the men-folk dissappeared! We had no idea where they went (apparently Madelyn knew but kept it very hush-hush)...a bit later, Chris and Joe came back with icecream for everyone! What a treat! (Although it makes losing weight a tad more difficult! ;)

Chris was up early this morning (very unusual for him!) to go to the Good Friday breakfast, held in town. Then off to work. I will be busy with schooling, housework and finishing a knitted dishcloth for a friend. Tonight and tomorrow are the last nights of the Passion Play our church puts on. I pray they go as well as they did last weekend!

I hope to be able to spend time dying easter eggs with the children, tomorrow. Although we don't *do* the easter bunny here, we still have fun dying eggs, participate in egg hunts and celebrate Christ's sacrifice and resurrection! **Oh....and just look at THIS neat way to dye eggs, from Chickens in the Road!

Quickly, before I go...a quick prayer request. I have been dealing, for about a week now, with pain in my right (top and bottom) wisdom teeth/gums. I hoped it would just go away...but hasn't and has really been bothering me, greatly. The dentist told me, previously, that I shouldn't need my wisdom teeth out, so I am not sure if I am just battling an infection or what it may be!? But it is terribly painful. I can't open my mouth too much without it hurting. It makes eating and talking difficult. Prayers are *very* much appreciated....thank-you! I plan on calling the dentist, on Monday, as their office is only open the first half of the week...I just have to make it through the weekend!

I hope you have a truly enjoyable weekend. I hope you are able to spend it with the ones you love the very most! As always, so glad you dropped by for a visit. I leave you with this Irish Blessing...

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you:
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
Joyfully,
Katy :)


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

7 comments:

  1. A long time ago a friend told me that if your gums are swollen with wisdom teeth you can wet a tea bag and hold it gently between your gums to reduce the swelling, thus the pain. I hope you're able to get relief from the pain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are Katy! (: It's good that you record these memories and always have a camera in hand. How I miss when my children were younger. It tugs at my heart and memories stir when I view your pictures. So glad that you share them and give a peek into your world.
    Praying that you feel better and heal up quickly!
    HAPPY EASTER!

    Louisville, KY (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you Katy! Such wonderful memories you are recording! Love reading every one of um!Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *heart* Mason jars! The blue ones are my favorite.

    I had wisdom tooth trouble and didn't have any dental insurance at the time. I was told to called the pharmacy and they could tell me how much advil I could according to my height and weight. I think I was able to take double the dose and control the pain for a few days. I will pray that it goes away soon. Tooth pain is horrid!

    Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, praying for you.. Love those
    old mason jars..are awesome..
    Enjoyed all the photos of the
    Childern, So sweet.
    Have a wonderful Easter Sunday
    Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow....I was enjoying your post as I try to sneak a peak at your blog as often as I can and I just have to tell you~my breath was taken at the pictures of your sons practicing for the Passion play! Praise the Lord and what a proud Mommy you must be! Our God is so good and there is nothing like seeing our children love, praise, pray to, and follow Him! My babies have this effect on me in moments like that too! But I wanted to thank you for sharing yours also! I enjoy your blog and it has been an encouragement to me and my newly found journey in blogging our family's adventures! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy