Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Wedding of Friends

Friends of ours got married yesterday. My mom, over the years, has bought and accumulated lots and lots of wedding/reception decorating items (and she is also one of the most creative people I know). She was helping my friend, Jenny, to plan and ready for her reception...until mom became under-the-weather. Since she wasn't well, my aunt and I took over and decorated for the reception. It was a very busy Friday!

Some of the children playing, while the adults were busy decorating...

We had to plan where all the tables were going to go and all the decorations, as well. It all fell together beautifully and I know our friends, Jenny and Joe, were very happy with it all (which makes all the hard work worth it!!!).

Although I worked on many things...this was one area (below) I spent quite a lot of time. I was working on putting flower garlands and lights on the head tables. It may not seem difficult...but it was quite time consuming! I also made sure it was all secure to the table (my worst fear was that it would fall off during the reception!)....

Jenny's mom and Madelyn worked below on this, didn't they do a beautiful job!?

My aunt and I set up a small garden area for the entry-way...


I have *many* more pictures from the setting-up of it all...but the pictures from the actual reception are much prettier to share. Unfortunately, I was getting everything ready last-minute (lighting candles, setting out food, etc.) that I wasn't able to actually go to the wedding and see their vows. Luckily, my aunt video'd it for me! :) **And, my mother has been feeling better each day and came to help me get all the last-minute-details done. She added some extras to it that were just wonderful!
So here are a few pictures of the hall, just after I finished lighting the candles before everyone began to arrive...

**That is ginger-ale in those over-sized glasses...doesn't it look like champagne? I think it was such a pretty touch...


A look at the head tables...


The new Mr and Mrs! I am so sorry it turned out blurry. I was trying to get good pictures and some just turned out this way. It was quite frustrating!


Madelyn...


Xavier...

And Jaxson....


Chris and Me...

It was a beautiful night! My mom and I stayed till 11pm to get most things cleaned up. I am quite tuckered out. After church, I plan on going to help finish cleaning, if they need me, and then coming home and taking a long nap! I am fighting a bit of a headache (late nights seem to do that to me). But I am hoping for a restful day to dissolve it away!

Happy Mother's Day to each of you *mothers* out there. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in the joy of this special day. :)
Kindly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

12 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful!!! I love the flower garland on the tables, very pretty! Happy Mother's day to you, hope the headache lets up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was lovely! Thank you for sharing with us.

    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful friend you are! The decorating is just beautiful! A professional could not have done it better. Happy Mother's Day to you, Katy
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear katy
    happy mother's day to you!!!!
    blessings regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so lovely Katy. I love to make garlands and decorate tables - I would have been in my element! I recently attended a country wedding that had so many personal touches put together by the bride, her family and friends. It had a 50/60's vintage theme (including the dresses) and the reception tables looked incredible with mismatched floral china plates, wildflowers in glass jars and old cut glass candlestick holders, paper hearts cut out from sheet music scattered down the tables and even little piles of old books. The wedding favours were tiny jars of homemade preserves. It was such a memorable experience as I'm sure it was for the guests at your friends' wedding!
    Hope you had a very special Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE weddings! How beautiful - good job to all the "elves"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,

    It is lovely and sweet. The newlyweds look so happy with everything!

    I love the bridge and the lanterns - so cute!

    Hope you were able to rest this afternoon!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ... everyone did a
    great job... Thanks for sharing
    Happy Mothers Day
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, everything looks faery well:) using my imagination. I love the little lights and the pretty Spring colors.
    xoxo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flower garland with lights is so pretty. Madeline's display is so pretty. I am collecting ideas & preparing my garden for the day my daughter will tie the knot. I would love to see her get married in our gazebo. Might not be her wish but I could do a wedding shower instead. She has no plans at this point just Mom dreaming for her day. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all did a wonderful job! It was beautiful :O)

    *Christi jo*

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy