Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pita Pocket Bread

The sun is out and smiling upon us today. I am so thankful for it. Clothes are out on the line, errands are run, the house is picked up and my nephew, Isaiah, is here, playing with the children. *And* the icing on the cake? My sister and Eloise came to town and visited for a while! It's so nice to talk to my sister and snuggle the baby! :)

I need to finish putting Madelyn's days into the homeschool tracker program and print it out and complete her portfolio. Unfortunately, while trying to use my printer/copier today, it seems to have jammed and is now broken. It continually tries to pull paper into the machine crooked. After messing with it for far too long, I *with frustration* gave up. I am hoping when Chris's brother comes to pick up Isaiah, that he will be able to fix it, as he is quite handy with technical things! I can't finish Mad's portfolio without printing those pages! Eek!

The day has gone along simply and "normal", for the most part. I washed dishes, hung out laundry, swept the floors, made beds, folded laundry and worked at cleaning in the garage. Nothing of interest to really report. I am thankful for "normal" days though...it gives me a sense of routine and continuity. I'm checking things off in my planner as I go through the day and I love that feeling....accomplishment. I need to tackle our island, however, in the kitchen. It can tend to accumulate paper and random items. It is my *trouble* spot and it bothers me to have it get cluttered. That will be my next task to tackle! :)

I must tell you that yesterday, I realized that exactly three months from that day I will turn the big 3-0. To some, this has just been a stepping stone along the way. For me, it *will* be a stepping stone as well, but it seems like a giant step! I remember being 19 and in one way, it feels as if it was not too long ago....but in another sense it feels a lifetime ago! Such a strange feeling, isn't it?

I have a few photos to share...ones that warm my heart. And following them, I will share pictures and a recipe for pita pocket bread!

Chris reading to Jaxson (I love witnessing these moments!)...

The children, painting masks....a gift from Ma....


Playing *school*...

Jaxson, fresh and clean from the tub, wild hair, bright blue eyes and an enormous smile...

Three of my daily companions...my Bible, and two devotionals; A Gentle Spirit and A Cup of Comfort Devotional...

Newly-knitted dishcloths...four of which were mailed out to a friend...

And, now on to the pita pocket bread! I was so excited to try this recipe. I have it in a bread magazine/book that I have and was thrilled when it turned out perfectly (and delicious too!). Luckily, for me, I don't have to type the whole recipe out because someone else already did! You can find it HERE.

They were absolutely wonderful!

The children and I had them for lunch, that day, and filled them with sauce and cheese. We ate them all right up! Chris was disappointed that we didn't save any for him! I suppose I will need to make some more, so he can have a chance to try them too! :)

Some food for thought:
I hope you are keeping tabs on what is going on in the world. We should be wise and prepared for any situation that may present itself. Things happening around the world affect us here, in the states, as well. We should always trust that God is in control (worrying doesn't help anyone) but with prayerful consideration, we should bond together....standing on biblical principles of love, kindness and generosity. I have mentioned it before....but will say it again....I watch Glenn Beck and although I don't agree with his religious views, the man sees what evil is going on around the world. He is right on with things and it is important for us to be in-the-know. Pretending nothing is happening is foolish.

Some *wise* thoughts from Edmund Burke:




I hope you enjoy the rest of your week ahead. So glad you were able to stop by today!
Kindly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Katy. 3 months from tomorrow I will be the big 6-0!!! Like you, I remember being 19. It also seems like just yesterday and still it WAS a lifetime ago!! I can tell you one thing- I am much more happy and content at 60 than I was at 19!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm the pita pockets look so yummy! I've been wanting to try making some and now here is a recipe! Thanks.
    Ordinary days are the best..tidying up the house, hanging out the wash...all such delightful activities to cherish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift of ordinary days - so true, we just need to unwrap them and appreciate them more. I appreciate that you share photos of the ordinary days and I have to say if I had not started a blog I would not have so many pictures of my ordinary days! Oh that pita bread looks good - will check the recipe out later. Waiting for my daughter to come home from milking so we can go to the Farmer's markets. We are taking a piece of her lemon meringue pie (seriously good!) to one of the stallholders who has been so kind in offering advice to her as she gets ready to set up her own stall. It's wonderful when you meet people who encourage you in your homeschool journey. Will share more about her venture at my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, don't know what kiod of printer you have, but that has happened to mine a couple of times. Both times a bug of some sort had dropped into it. As soon as I carefully fished them out with a long pointed pair of tweezers it worked fine. They always seem to malfunction when you really need them!

    Love your blog!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing the pocket pita bread recipe - I am really looking forward to giving these a go! We LOVE pita bread in our house ;)

    I think the 30's are a fabulous time, we can really grow and find out who we are deep down inside. Here's to your new decade, I hope the days are filled with much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy Oh how I remember when
    I was 3-0 !!! :-) how time does
    fly by...

    TFS the Pita Pocket Bread been
    wanting to try making some..

    Love all the Family Photos!!
    enjoy just a simple ordinary day
    as well...

    Hugs/Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is something to find we can connect to someone not knowing there age. Age will not matter when we share things in common & beliefs. My oldest son will be 30 in five months. The world is a worry. As you said best not to worry. Fear can cripple even the best of us. Prayer is the best thing to do. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,
    Thank you so much for sharing the pita pocket recipe! I have been wanting to try to make them for years!! We love gyro's at the county fairs but could never make them. Now we can! :)

    I also enjoy visiting the blogs of the ladies who comment. We have similar views, thoughts and standards. We all need encouragement as the Lord's day approaches!
    Love and blessings,
    Ruth xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always been afraid to try to make pitas, but these look so good I'm going to have to give it a go.

    My favorite memories of my childhood are the day to day memories of ordinary things....I'm praying that that some day my children will say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, I love stopping by your blog and wanted to tell you I LOVE the picture of your school room! And for the end of your post, I want to share that this is on my heart also. I need to do some study tonight to find specific verses and such, but The Bible tells us that those who bless Isreal will be blessed and those who curse Isreal will be cursed. How far we've come as a nation from taking God for His word and who He is and always has been. Such a loving God and such a just God. I heard it said earlier today on a comment very appropriatly. That we are trading Isreal's land for our own. And that we need to pray for our leaders to wake up and see the truth and for revival as a nation. Anyhoo, I'm going on and on, but just wanted to share and to thank you for sharing too! Your blogs is one of my fav's....I was introduced by a good friend and I enjoy stopping by! Have a great night and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy