Friday, May 20, 2011

Sunshine and Smiles

There has been a break in the rain and the sun is shining brightly! What a joy it is to see! Oh, how too much rain makes you truly appreciate the sunshine (as well as too much sun makes you appreciate the times of rain!). Our lawn grew at super-speed lately, and luckily, Chris was able to mow the *bit of jungle* that had grown within a week, last evening. Because it had been so long and unruly, there are still patches of grass that look almost as though they weren't even mowed! I'm not complaining though. I'm just glad Chris had the chance to get it cut as much as he did! :)

I am slowly, but surely, recovering from my wisdom teeth extraction. I have some pain meds to help...and I have had a diet of pudding and mashed potatoes. It's bland...but definitely helps to satisfy the *hungry* feeling. The bad thing is that I am dealing with an infection in my gums that I had previously and haven't been able to get rid of completely yet. (The infection is what made me realize I needed those teeth removed.) So the pain is from the extraction, stitches and then also the infection. My cheek is swollen and I suppose I look a bit chipmunk-ish. ;) Thank-you, again, for your thoughts, prayer and encouragement.

Today, I caught up on things I didn't accomplish yesterday....dishes, laundry, sweeping etc. :) It feels so good to have things in order. I have also been knitting dishcloths. It gives me such a sense of satisfaction to get things done even when sitting or resting.

Here are a few more pictures from the hike we took with friends, that I mentioned HERE...

Jaxson, resting on a rock (I suppose anything is sufficient bedding when you are exhausted!)...


I love this photo of Madelyn crossing one of the *many* bridges on our hike...


And then a picture (from top to bottom) of Madelyn, Xavier, Jaxson and then our friend's son, at the bottom!


For supper, this evening, I am going to make THIS Salisbury Steak Deluxe recipe. I am quite disappointed that I can't eat it as well, doesn't it sound delicious??, but I just don't think my teeth are ready for that sort of thing yet. I will probably have a bit of mashed potatoes, instead.

Tomorrow, we leave early to make the journey to my sister's home and then will be purchasing the Jeep I mentioned about previously. Chris is really excited. I am too, although it's hard to be too enthusiastic when my mouth is so sore! ;) It will also be nice to spend time with my sister and Eloise. We usually only get to see them *maybe* once a week....so seeing them 3 times in one week is a huge treat!

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful weekend ahead. I hope the sun shines and your days are full of joy and smiles! Thank you for taking the time, out of your busy day, to stop and read and say Hello! Although I don't always respond to every comment, I do appreciate them!

Joyfully,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

7 comments:

  1. whats up with jax's shirt in that one pic? (i LOVE that pic, by the way)

    our lawn has been growing so fast too... ernie mowed it yesterday! LOL! oh yeah, i was on the phone with you when i told you before!

    see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you are on the mend
    of healing.. it will take some
    time..contiune to pray for you
    Enjoy the trip on Saturday to
    pick up the Jeep..:-)
    such lovely pics of the hike with
    friends so peaceful looking...

    Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are starting to feel better Katy! And glad this is behind you now. Mine is looming in the future once we can afford it and I have to be sedated, booo!!

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics of the kids are fantastic!! I love the one of Jaxson on the rock.

    Good to hear you are doing better. Soon this will be behind you and you will be back to normal.
    I have you in my prayers.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought is was funny you describes your self as chipmunk-ish. That is was what I looked like after having all four out. That night I was served a steak sub. I could not eat it. someone was thinking we needed take out since I was a bit sick. LOL! I turned black & blue. It faded to a green & so much swelling. I was a green chipmunk. Prayer lifted for that infection to heal. The photo of children on the rocks is so good. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pix of the kids on the rock. Enjoy loving on E today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos.
    Glad your mouth is healing. My second daughter had her wisdom teeth extracted on the 20th. Praying you both continue to heal quickly. :)
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    In His love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy