Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Bit of Thanks


I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and prayers over my wisdom teeth extraction. It's all over now...the novacaine has not worn off yet and gauze is fit snuggly in place (I am a bit nervous that I am biting my cheek as I clamp my jaw together to keep the gauze in place...I guess I will know for sure when the pain kicks in!).

I am so, so relieved that the procedure is over...I had myself a nervous mess. Even while the extraction was going on, my leg was shaking uncontrollably, from nerves! I am praying that the pain isn't too bad, once the novacaine wears off (my whole right cheek is numb....up to my ear!).

I plan on resting today...my mom has the children for me....so I hope to work on some knitting, as I finish up some dishcloths for a friend, do some reading (I am reading Home-Making by J.R. Miller ~ Absolutely **fantastic** book!) and maybe watch a movie or something. The house is so quiet without the children here. Peaceful, yet lonely.

In other news, quickly, I just want to share a bit of excitement. I have always loved Jeep Wranglers...even when I was young. I think it's because they seem to say *adventure* to me! Well, Chris was in dire need of a new vehicle. We don't go into debt....so we needed something we could afford from our savings. Luckily for us, my sister mentioned that her neighbor was selling a Jeep Wrangler. This is someone she knows and trusts...so I said something to Chris about it. His first comment was "I don't really like Jeeps". I took that for a basic *no* and didn't try to pester him much about it (although when my sister, Devon, sent me the pics...I thought it looked great!) I *may* have mentioned it a couple other times to Chris...but never expected him to relent.

Then, all of a sudden, he mentioned something about being interested in the Jeep and wanting to go look at it! I was so surprised! So, last evening, Chris and I drove the hour or so, to my sister's house, and she took us over to her neighbor's house. We checked out the Jeep and talked to the seller.....then we took a ride, well, I rode ~ Chris drove!).

It seems, my Christopher went from a non-Jeep lover to "I like it!" in a short amount of time! We agreed the price was fair and so, this Saturday, we'll be going to pay, switch the title and bring it home! We're both excited about it! While we were at Devon's house, her and Cory even made us supper **and** I got to see littlest Eloise! Such a treat!

So now, I'm going to rest. I'm looking forward to my mouth healing and getting back to normal! Again, thank-you so much for your encouragement...I appreciate it! Wishing you each an enjoyable day ahead!

Kindly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

14 comments:

  1. I am glad that it is over! Hopefully you won't have pain when the pain meds wear off.

    A long time ago I was involved with a guy that had a jeep. Oh, it was fun! I loved driving around on a beautiful day with the top off.

    Have a restful day and have fun with your Jeep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well!! Take care Katy ~

    Louisville, Ky (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad it is over for you. Enjoy your quiet house for the day, life will be busy soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew...finally the teeth can stop pestering you! i always did like jeeps...they spell a.d.v.e.n.t.u.r.e.
    Sounds like you had fun getting it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the procedure is over...I hope it ensures pain-free days ahead for you. Enjoy your day. :) My mom has my kids today to so I am going to enjoy a rare lunch date with my honey. :)
    Love the jeep!!!
    Much hugs,
    Monica @ Natural Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for very little pain for you today, sweet Katy! I'll bet you're so relieved to have this behind you! ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! Glad you are back home and recuperating! Soon you will be your old self.

    Love the jeep!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for a quick bounce of recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, praying for a quick recovery!
    On another note, I am a long time Jeep girl! I have a Liberty and love it...only draw back, the top doesn't come off!! Its been very reliable as well!!
    Take care Katy! Sheila...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy!

    So glad things went well for you today! I was surprised to see you mentioned novacaine. Did you not have the twilight sleep to get it done? I'm like you...a nervous wreck with dental procedures like that. :-) Wishing you a good night with little discomfort.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it's over and those wisdom
    teeth are gone..have keep you in
    thought and pray all day...

    Love the Jeep Oh I take it in
    a heart beat...:-) so happy for
    you both....

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOWHO a jeep .... looks like fun! Love the color too. glad your mouth is doing ok and I hope once the pain meds wear off it will not be to hard to handle the pain. Have a great Friday! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Katy,
    I don't envy your dental adventures - I'm a lot like you -a nervous patient :-(
    But I'm certainly praying for your fast recovery and healing!
    God bless you..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for a fast recovery! I love Jeep Wranglers, I had one before having twins. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy