Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quiet Thoughts...

As I sit here, at the dining room table, the house is quiet. Birds are singing, merrily, outside. Different candles are lit throughout the house...permeating the air with their mingling fragrances. The clock on the wall ticks. The ceiling fan, above me, is turning, rhythmically. The sun is shining (temporarily, as the forecast calls for more rain the next few days). Ruthie, my beloved side-kick is sleeping on the floor in the living room, under the coffee table ~ dreaming little doggy dreams. Alas, there *are* things that could be done. I do have a load or two of laundry to fold, the kitchen could be tidier than what it is presently, and I need to balance the checkbook...but I must admit, that right now, I am simply enjoying this moment....the quiet is nice.

My mouth is still healing...it will take more time and I am still eating pudding and mashed potatoes, for the most part. Thank-you, again for your prayers. I know God hears every one of them and as your prayers *can* help me, they are also beneficial to *you*!

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me." ~C.S. Lewis

Isn't it absolutely breath-taking and awe-inspiring that the all-powerful Creator of the heavens and the earth, the very One Who knit you together in your mother's womb, hears us when we call out to Him? He knows our every need and longing. He works for the good of those that love Him. Simply humbling, isn't it? There are many people around us who are *star-struck* by movie actors and the like...but fail to realize that they can communicate with *the* One....the most important One to ever exist. Maybe you are like me, and desire for God to speak *aloud* to you. Oh how I long to know it is He Who says which way to go, which thing to do. I wish, as Moses had, to be able to talk to Him....but I know that He knows what is best and I need to trust and obey. Thankfully, He *has* given us His very Word...the guide to living. I am so thankful, for these moments are short in life and I wish to make the best of each and every one ~ to His glory.

I have a few photos to share from round-about home and such. I hope you don't mind "sticking with me"...I suppose if you have read this far, a few more minutes won't hurt! ;)

A new rug for in the dining room (the last one we had was bought very inexpensive, and it showed. It snagged easily and would get caught in the vacuum often)...
The day I got my wisdom teeth out, my mom had the children so I could rest. I must admit, it was quite lonely. Luckily, for me, my mom picked up some pain medicine for me and dropped it off. Madelyn was with her and graciously agreed to keep me company. Such a sweet girl I have!

Art in the yard...


Flowers, from Madelyn to me...



Madelyn helping prepare supper (preparing mashed potatoes....a current *must* for me!)...

In the middle of the night, last night, I awoke with a terrible headache. It made me nauseous and just incredibly uncomfortable. Chris hurried down to get me some medicine and a while after taking it, I was finally able to nod off back to sleep. Unfortunately, I awoke with a residual headache. I would have chosen to stay in bed, if I could have, but today was the day to pay for, sign papers and pick up Chris's new (to us) Jeep. I'm glad I went, because although I battled a this bit of a headache for most of the day, I got to visit with my sister, her husband and of course, baby Eloise! After my pudding-lunch, Eloise and I fell asleep in their rocker-recliner.

Some photos from Aunt Nen's house...

Madelyn and Jaxson with El...

Xavier getting some Simply Lemonade (yum!) for himself and his brother...

Madelyn and El, I sure love these two gals!...

After Chris returned to Devon's, Jeep paid for and papers signed, the children were so excited. This was the first time they got to see it!

Checking out the inside (that's Jaxson's little footsie stickin' up there!)...


And off they go for a ride!

Going, going, gone!

I need to get going. Moments seem to pass more quickly when they are spent on the computer. I'd rather spend my *moments* in other ways! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. So glad you had the time to stop by today! I always enjoy your Howdy-Do's!

Kindly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

10 comments:

  1. Katy I spent months eating soft
    food,kind of learn to enjoy it :-)
    Jell-O Peach is my favortie now
    I had to have implants inserted
    what a process took over 3/12
    years of surgeries etc...and still
    paying for it...
    Good to hear you doing better each
    day..
    Such fun exciting pics of the Jeep
    thanks for sharing..Always enjoyed
    stopping by for a visit to your
    home...
    Many Blessings / Hugs
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking that moment to update...I ALWAYS enjoy it when you post! Sounds like your mouth has been in terrible pain and then the head ache....hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely share Katy, I just came in from working outside all day and what a great way to un-wind and let my aching muscles rest:) Continued prayers are coming your way, hopefully soon you will be eating more things again, although I think I actually could eat mashed potatoes every day...YUMMY;) Eloise is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the girls! Eloise has HUGE eyes. Sweet, sweet children - - such blessings!

    Louisville, KY (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off take care. Ouch nothing is worse then dental issues!

    I can't believe that baby is so round. I love round babies!

    Great photos , enjoy the jeep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you mind sharing the name of the pink flowering plant in the brown crock...I have one but,the lady where I bought it from couldn't tell me the name...thank you...lovely post...blessings on this Lord's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems your weather is mirroring our own and has been since we met Katy, which is funny as we are in opposite seasons! I am so enjoying just sharing in your 'moments' - they are so precious and thank you for sharing them. I do like your new rug. Rugs are on my wish list for my home as we have tiles throughout - cool in summer but not so appreciated in winter. I will wait until we can afford a better quality rug. Right now the wood stoves are keeping our rooms cozy and I'm about to go and make some sourdough. Hope you are not tiring of mashed potato - have you ever tried it with feta cheese and herbs mixed in? It's quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those unexpected moments of silence, they always fill me with gratitude. :) I do feel like Spirit speaks to me. That gentle, quiet voice that always points me in the right direction, makes things crystal clear and never lets me down. God speaking, loud and clear. :) Glad you're healing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get to feeling better soon :O)Love the pictures!

    *Christi jo*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy -
    You won the giveaway over at my blog! Can you email me your mailing address so that it can be sent to you! walkingbymyside AT gmail.com
    As always, I enjoy the simple photos of life at your house!
    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy