Thursday, July 10, 2014

Transplanting Hosta


The weather is just gorgeous here today! It is comfy and breezy...hot enough to swim but cool enough not to sweat! :) Birds have been singing and the sun, shining! :)

Madelyn has been spending the day with my mom (Madelyn turns 13 this weekend so she and my mom were getting things ready for her birthday party.). My boys went to a 5 hr. time of learning about the Civil War at our town's local history center (which they loved and want to go back). Then the boys went to play at a friend's house for a bit.

While they were gone, I groomed Ruthie...I did a little trimming and a lot of brushing....


Since we had some time and the weather was so agreeable, Chris and I decided to transplant some of my *huge* hosta....


I wanted to put some around the new light we put in recently....


Ruthie was there too...


One of the chickens came to check it out...


My hosta, as I said before, are *huge*...so they look absolutely ridiculous since I transplanted them...hopefully they will look better someday (At least they should look good *next* year!)...


Chris took some time to brush Cash...


Another funny look at my transplanted hosta...


Some other areas around my house...


I have been growing ivy and hoping that it will (over time) climb my trellis/arch. Wouldn't that look pretty?

I just love this ladder with the flowers (simple and sweet)...


Chris and I sat out on our swing together for a while. It was lovely. One view from the swing...


Swingin' with my guy is so peaceful. I just love evenings like this!


And now, I am off to bed. It's been a *busy* day and tomorrow promises to be the same. I hope you enjoy your weekend...ours will be full of family, friends, fun and food! :) We are just praying for good weather for Madelyn's birthday picnic on Sunday evening!

Thank-you for stopping by!

*I gotta run! I just remembered I have clothes out on the line to bring in...and it's after 9pm! Eek!*

Katy


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

5 comments:

  1. I like the last photo. Blessings!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming here to visit with you, Katy. The music is so peaceful and you are always sharing about the things that are close to my heart, family, fellowship, faith and food. Your hostas will look beautiful next spring. They are just tired from the transplant. I have a lot of that to do this fall with my day lilies.

    Happy Birthday to Madelyn this weekend! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Katy, I also love to sit outside in the evenings with my man! I wanted to say hello and tell you that your post is sweet and filled with family and the homestead. Your hostas will be filled in and happy come next year!
    Thinking of you dear friend! Your daughter is so blessed to have you as her Momma...
    Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hostas are going to beautiful. As soon as they take off they will be glorious!! I transplant mine all of the time. Right now I have so many they are crowding out some other ones. My sister wanted some but I guess she is too busy right now. She can get them later. Hostas are on of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many times I rush out at 9 PM to get those clothes off the line :) Your plant will be beautiful once it grows in and I love that light (gorgeous!!!!)! Thanks for linking this up to the Art of Home-Making Mondays. You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy