Tuesday, July 15, 2014

*Home* and More...

"The God Who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. And He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that the should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him. Yet He is actually not far from each one of us.......The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent, because He has fixed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by a Man He has appointed; and of this He has given assurance to all by raising Him from the dead."
~ Acts 17:24-27 and 30-31(all emphasis mine)

In my daily bible reading (working through the book of Acts right now) I came across these verses which I already had underlined from previous reading of this book...but soaked them in again. I really felt it upon my heart to share them on my blog...and so here I have. What book of the bible are you currently reading in?

We are trying to unwind a bit from this past weekend's busyness and celebration! It seems after a birthday party or bigger event, I need a few days to recoup! Are you like that too? Yesterday, it rained quite a bit...so we spent the day indoors...doing some normal housework/chores, a bit of organizing and some relaxing as well! The weather cleared up some and I got a nice run in (while Xavier rode his bike beside me!). Today, it rained this morning (so Madelyn and I did some organizing in the school room) but as it started to dry up through the day, the children went out to ride their bikes while I mowed. We got housework done, laundry out to dry on the lines and then went out to my great-aunt's home to mow (She went to visit family in Florida for a few weeks and we are missing her greatly!). 

I was so excited one day, a week or so ago, to find this beautiful valance at a local store...on clearance for $5! I just love it and think it looks nice on our front door...


A corner in my home...


I spend some time each day planning out my days. I like order and organization. Of course, all my planning ahead is dependent upon what the Lord wills. To keep things mapped out and notes jotted as reminders, I feel it helps to keep me on track. As a wife and mother, I feel I need to make the best use of my time. Planning my days (with room for flexibility) helps me to be a good steward of that time. It also helps me to remember to do things and never miss an appointment or important date...


A view of my front porch at night...


Normally, egg-washing is Madelyn's job...but she spent a couple days at Grammie's house working on things for her birthday party this past week so I took over egg-washing-duty. Aren't they beautiful?


Jaxson made me laugh when he came to me with this crocheted beard/face warmer and his dad's sunglasses and hat on...



A friend of mine just lost her younger brother in a car accident, less than a week ago. I believe he was only 31. My heart is heavy for her. I have been praying for her and her family who loved him so much. Some of us friends have been trying to take care of them as best we can. It is such a difficult time...but there is hope! My friend and her family are believers! There is nothing better than having *the* Comforter as your Lord. He will carry them through this. If you will, please remember Jess and her family in your prayers. She and her husband have four daughters as well (who saw their uncle as an older brother type) who are hurting terribly right now. In Christian love, will you pray for this sister in Christ and her family? I would really appreciate it.

We are unwinding a bit, after a busy day, here at home. Chris had to go to a church board meeting right after supper (lasagna)...so we look forward to his return this evening and all heading to bed. Another day awaits us, Lord willing, in which to glorify Christ in all we do. It's always good to get a good night's sleep.

Thank-you for coming by for a visit. I hope you have enjoyed your time here and I hope you will return!
Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katy I finally this past weekend found those frixion pens they had them on sale at office max so I was happy about that. I always enjoy all your posts. Thanks for making me smile today:) blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, have you ever "met" someone, whether it be in person or in the land of blog, that reminded you of someone you've known before? That is the way I feel about you. There are so many similarities between you and a dear young pastor's wife we had at our church a number of years ago. Even your blog background reminds me of something she would have chosen, had she blogged. I love coming here to read and visit. Thank you for sharing the Scriptures here today...and for the beautiful pictures. I love your decorating style. And, yes, I will pray for your friend Jess and her family. What a tragedy for all of them. Grateful to know they are believers, for how would someone not in the fold ever deal with such a tragedy? Thank you for this peaceful place, Katy. xo Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see a picture of your front door. It is so warm and welcoming! I am, also, reading through Acts.

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy hi me again forgot to add to my other comment about your Bible reading. This shows how Bible stupid I am how exactly do you do your Bible reading do you just start in a book of the Bible and read or do you use some sort of commentary or Bible study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you JoAnn! :)

      Delete
    2. I was wondering the same thing. I have been feeling like I am missing something during my Bible reading.

      Delete
    3. There is no particular way to read...do it as you wish. I like to read numerous times through the New Testament and I move a little slower through the Old. Soak it in...verse by verse. Pray that the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to His truth. No "devotional" book is needed. I also like to use commentaries to supplement. Ones by Spurgeon, Ryle, Boice and more are really good. I basically only read books on theology. This helps keep me constantly focused on Christ....challenging me to think things through. :) One fantastic book (that the Way of the Master gave me for FREE!) that I highly recommend for learning and growing in your faith, as well as teaching you how to evangelize is "The School of Biblical Evangelism" by Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort!

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy