Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Fourth

We had an absolutely beautiful, enjoyable, and exhausting 4th of July celebration! The weather was perfect. Cool (unusual for July for us) and sunny! First, we attended the nearby parade which my children are in (riding in my dad's trucks) with friends. My sister, Cory and the girls were there too! Here are just a few of the photos I took yesterday...



Below is a not-centered selfie of Chris and me...and really not the most flattering picture at all...but it is the *only* picture I have of me from the whole day. I just wanted to show that I *was* indeed there! :)


That Dinah-girl was just too sweet for words...


My friend, Merranda with one of her sons, watching the parade (isn't her hair just beautiful?)...


Dinah's dress was so perfect for the occasion...


Xavier with one of his cousins got to drive the go-kart through the parade...



My mom is driving one of my dad's trucks and Jaxson sat in the back to throw candy!


Madelyn sat in one of the cars for the shop...it was sitting on top of one of my dad's tiltbeds. She and Tyrone (a worker for my dad) sat in there and threw candy!


There they go (with my Chris close behind making sure X doesn't stall!)...



After the parade, we went to a picnic at Chris's parents' pavilion! :) It was a nice time of food, fellowship and fun! Some of the boys made a ramp...Chris had to give it a try! ;)


I just love this photo of 4 of my friends' 5 children. They were running through the field to go see the calves and I thought it was such a cute picture to capture! Isn't the sky just beautiful?


Unfortunately, the calves were scared when they saw the children running to them...so they kept their distance! ;)


Chris's uncle (who Xavier LOVES to hang out with) was making hay and let X drive the tractor (see why X loves spending so much time with him?)...


After the picnic we all went home to revamp, make more food and then head to another picnic a couple hours later! Our pastor and his wife hold an annual 4th of July picnic at their house. The weather was *wonderful* ~ it felt like fall! We had a fantastic time with our church family and friends!

Chris and our friend, Rich, playing football with the boys (that's Chris on the far right, pointing)...


Fellowship...



Our pastor's wife (sweet, wonderful, thoughtful lady) loves glow sticks. She buys enough for all the children each year. As darkness sets in, soon you see lots of littles running around with glow sticks!


Fireworks...



So that is...in a nutshell...what our day was like yesterday! It felt oh-so-good to crawl into bed last night! I didn't think I would have the oomph to get up to get to spin class this morning to exercise, but I did (and I am glad...I always feel better after a good workout).

I hope your 4th of July celebration was enjoyable!!
Thanks for sharing in mine!

Joyfully,
Katy

1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful Fourth of July celebration with your family and your church family. I'm so glad! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy