Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Little of the Ordinary

In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. 

~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I'm so thankful for: 

Madelyn made lunch for her and Jaxson (X was helping Pa)...


An egg salad wrap...hits the spot!


Home (humble as it may be)...



Madelyn, Jaxson and I played the Hobbit game...


Xavier was there too (but he didn't want to play)...


It's such a cute game...




We had fun!


Here is an area in my dining room. I added a painting I have from Katie Berggren. I love her artwork. You can find her HERE!


Isn't it beautiful? I see it as me with my three children. :)


Today was spent doing some household chores, running a few errands, swimming with friends, and trying to stay cool. I am more-than-ready to head up to bed with my planner, my Bible and another book I am reading by R.C. Sproul. I actually think my bed may be calling my name! ;)

 I bask in the richness of the ordinary! :) Do you?

Warmly,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Katy,
    There is nothing humble about a home made with love! Your home is a delight.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find so much joy in the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy, please tell your sweet teen angel hello from me and Happy belated Birthday... Summer days and long days...
    Blessings to you my dear friend!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, your home is beautiful. I love the orderliness and all of the sweet touches that make a house a home. Love that you go to bed to relax a bit with your planner, Bible and a book before going to sleep. You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is anything but humble, it is beautiful and bathed in love! ;) Have a wonderful week~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post and I just love your daughter's skirt!
    I wanted to drop by here and say THANK YOU.....you see a few posts back you mentioned Easy Peasy homeschooling. I had never heard of that before and have been struggling with what I was going to do for 6th grade begining in September. Gracie had been asking for different curriculum and after you mentioned it I did some research and oh my it is going to be PERFECT for us! So you see once again you have been a blessing to at least one of your readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo glad that helps you!!! :) We find it to be such a blessing! :)

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy