Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yesterday


Devon and Eloise came to town for a visit yesterday. After washing some clothes and bedding and hanging them out on the clothesline, the children and I, after taking a bit of time to stop at our local library, headed over to visit with them. It was so nice to see them. Eloise was always sure not to let her "Maddy" out of her sight! ;) All the children had fun playing, reading and coloring!


My dad and one of his employees wrapped the boys together and taped it! The boys (and everyone else) were laughing so hard as they tried to walk around together! (Simple things can be so fun, can't they!?)


They didn't get very far before they tumbled! Nickel (my parents' pup) was wanting to join the craziness! (That's my sister in the back...if she was planning on catching them before they fell, I think she missed! haha!)...


***Once at home, later that evening, the children and I worked on doing some mowing (with our reel mower) and weeding (which we still have more to do). Chris worked on building the clubhouse!

Here are some photos of the different flowers and things I have growing outside...

A church building my mom gave me...


Flowers that Madelyn planted...


Look how absolutely *gigantic* my hosta have become!


The area (in the picture below) will be very pretty once I get some more weeding done!


One of the day lilies that my mom had given me (from her home)...and I transplanted... is blooming!


More flowers planted by Miss Madelyn...


The flowers that the children and I planted in May are all still growing and beautifying the front porch!




Resting after a busy day...


Our "living lawn mowers" (aka: Penny, Pearl and Polly) are keeping themselves busy doing their jobs (eating grass!). Although, the babies had gotten their lines all tangled up and when I was out fixing them, I stepped on a bee which stung my big toe. It hurt so much. Thankfully, I didn't swell up this time but oh, it's so itchy and uncomfortable!


After supper was over and cleaned up and before baths and bedtime, we all enjoyed spending some time together resting and reading. Earlier in the day, the children and I had gone to the library and gotten some books. Jaxson was reading to me when the phone rang. It was my mom, calling to speak with me. So Chris began helping Jaxson with his book while I spoke to my mom...


Madelyn was practicing sign language (from a book she got at the library)...


After time spent together and reading...baths and showers were taken and everyone was tucked in bed...thanking God for the beautiful day He gave us!

***Have you seen the movie DIVIDED? If you haven't, I really encourage you to take the time to watch it. It is eye-opening and true. I have already felt this way...but it's nice to hear others stand up for the truth about the modern youth ministry. It is the job of the parents to disciple the children. I really encourage you to read THIS post that I wrote last year...wearing my heart on my sleeve and crying out to Christian parents. :)

It looks like we will be blessed with another gorgeous day here in PA...I look forward to seeing what the day holds! I hope yours is great! Thanks for coming by for a visit today!


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

Linked up to:
Raising Homemakers
Far Above Rubies
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

6 comments:

  1. Katy, what a fun time your kids seem to be having with the summer in full swing...My kids are enjoying outside as well. I love all the pretty flowers outside, especially the ones on your porch.We are taking a trip to our local library today as well. I pray you all have a wonderful day and thank you so much for all of your encouragement that you give to others about faith, home, and family. I always look forward to seeing a new post from you, what a blessing you are to your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen "Divided" and it's very good. We have recently just started going to the regular church service and not Sunday school. I went to the Sunday school class with my kids once and all they did was be loud and talk the teacher never even taught them anything. We also keep our children in church with us. When our pastor ask us why we did these things, he did not agree with us. But we have to do what God tells us to do. It is nice to know there are others who feel the same way we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've seen Divided too! Very good - and we are in agreement with it.

    So glad we have found a lovely family integrated church...small but wonderful!

    Your flowers are looking so good! Pretty around your lovely country home!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful!!! Those smiles of your children are so big and beautiful...they look like they are enjoying their summer!!!

    BTW...I finally figured out how to get a google account!!! (I've been anonymous Christy :) )

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the church in the garden! I will have to add that to my wish list of things for Chuck to make me. :)

    It looks like you all are having a great summer. The days are super busy here and it seems like summer is flying by!

    Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing! i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy