Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Beginnings of a Clubhouse!


This past Saturday, Chris's uncle kindly came over with the excavator to help dig the holes and place the poles for the children's new clubhouse! In my humble opinion, *every* child needs a clubhouse! I am so excited for my children...they are truly going to love a "place of their own"! :)



Penny was tied out, enjoying a grassy snack (I always snicker when I see her down on her knees eating like this!). She didn't seem to care that the excavator was around...


The babies, however, Pearl and Polly, were a bit nervous about this huge machine. They kept their distance and when I would come to them, they would run over to me and feel protected.



The clubhouse is going to be 8 feet above the ground. The reason we needed the big holes dug was because Chris had old telephone poles to set in. He isn't using any thin pieces of wood...he's using huge, heavy telephone poles. So, although the clubhouse won't be *in* a tree...it will be higher up and on large poles just *like* a tree house! :)


Setting one of the poles in...


Can you tell one little boy is awfully excited to have a clubhouse? Xavier was such a good helper!


Two of the poles are set in the photo below. You can see the ladder and X beside them...the floor of the clubhouse will be about as high up as X is there. Isn't that so exciting!?


After a lot of work and sweat...they got all four poles set! Oh my...this is going to be such a fun place for the children! I can't wait for Chris to start building it! I will be sure to take photos and share them as it progresses!


***For any of you that are following me on this weight-loss journey I wanted to share that after a week and a half, I have only lost 1 pound. I am faithfully going to spin class 3 times per week and eating correctly...no cheating. I was hoping to see a more significant loss but it will come. I am just happy to be on the road to health!

***It's raining here today, a good soaking rain. It seems like it will be the perfect day to play games *inside*! I hope you enjoy your Tuesday! Thank you for stopping by to visit me here!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy


11 comments:

  1. Hey Katy, that is going to be an awesome spot for your children! I know they will LOVE it!

    As for the weight loss, isn't about 1 lb. a week the healthiest? At any rate, good for you for keeping with it and giving it your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I know that the kids will love it!!

    We are in deperate need of rain. The driest record for the last 30 days was just broken for Indiana. Enjoy your rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forts and clubhouses are the best as they have open ended possibilities for dreams and imaginations!

    I was told when first starting a workout program to measure inches instead of pounds because you are building muscle as you go and their is more weight in muscle. So if you haven't done it....take those body measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    It will take approx. 3 months to see any significant results. But, don't be discouraged. This is more about creating a healthy body-water, fruits and veggies, good lean meats, exercise, rest. Everyday awake and think what one good thing can I do for myself today that will benefit me and my family today.
    Keep up the good work you are doing. Know that you have encouraged me to get back to it. I had dropped off of the fitness track.
    Have a great day in the Lord!
    Teresa in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, I do Weight Watchers and it recommends a slowwww loss. That is a healthy way. Set small monthly goals for yourself and give yourself some kind of nonfood reward when you reach each one. One pound a week is fine. I have even weighed in with less than that as a loss. Look at it like this: The weight did not get there overnight, so it won't come off overnight. You have a longterm goal of when you get your taxes back next spring, right? Remember, slow and steady loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be an awesome clubhouse!!! Can I come and be a kid at your house when it's done?!?!

    Good job on your weight loss!! I lose weight verrryyyyy slowly...part of it may be my age (42) or my metabolism, I don't know why but it's a long process for me. When I lose 1 lb. A week that's good for me! You will be over 25 lbs lighter by Christmas if you keep losing a lb a week....which is super!! Also, one thing I try to keep in mind is to keep on doing what I'm doing, regardless of the scale.....PERSISTANCE (and consistency) will bring results!!!

    Blessings to you!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man - - A clubhouse! What fun!! You guys are such awesome parents. Your children are truly blessed to have you both.

    Katy, a pound is a start indeed. (: Keep up the good work! Don't get caught up in the *weight* measurements too much. You may build a bit of muscle mass eventually (and muscle is heavier); but you'll look and feel fabulous!

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That club house is every childs dream!!! It looks like it's going to be very sturdy on those poles!!! Wish I could see it in real life when its done:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boys would LOVE that clubhouse. How fun! Do not be discouraged by only losing a pound. Often the first week your body is adjusting. I seem to notice it more my second or third week in. Don't forget to drink lots of water! Also, taking measurements can often show a better picture than how many pounds you're down. Good job! stacey66@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. The children's clubhouse looks like such FUN!! I'm sure they will all just love it.

    I know it's disappointing to lose only one pound when you are trying so hard, but don't get discouraged. You're doing great!! I agree with everyone else who suggested that you measure instead of focusing only on the weight loss. You may only lose a couple of pounds but find that you've lost an inch around your waist, etc. I think seeing that you've lost inches is even more encouraging than seeing a number on the scale. So, keep up the good work and you will be successful no matter how long it takes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, Don't pay as much attention to your weight, but more to how your clothes fit. Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space. If your skirts are getting loose, that's a great sign. You WILL get there!

    Our clubhouse we had growing up was off the ground too! It was so much fun, we could go up/down the stairs or down a fireman's pole. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy