Monday, June 18, 2012

Building a Clubhouse Part 2

"My father didn't tell me how to live; 
he lived and let me watch him do it."
~ Clarence Budington Kelland


Saturday, Chris spent a majority of the day working on the clubhouse that he is building for the children. You can see the first post on the clubhouse HERE. What better time than right after Father's Day to brag on my (talented, strong, intelligent, loving) husband? I don't mean to speak badly about store-bought clubhouses (not all fathers are talented in the same way my Christopher is) but there is just something special about a home-built clubhouse built by a daddy.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous...warm with a nice breeze. Chris and the children worked hard. I was the picture-take-extraordinaire! ;) I thought it was quite funny to capture a photo of Chris working like this (below). Doesn't he look like a *big kid*?


My boys were fearless with those ladders. I am not sure if that is a good thing...or a bad thing?? My Madelyn is more like her mama... she tries to be brave but is super-cautious as well!






Once the floor was down, Chris needed me to come up and help hold the boards up that will hold the roof. I carefully climbed the ladder...



The view is amazing from up there...but oh my, heights are *not* my favorite thing (especially without the clubhouse walls up yet!)! I think my knees were knocking together! I will be a *very* happy mama once those walls are up!


To keep his hands free (and keep from falling), Chris wrapped a rope around himself and leaned back. (If you are wondering, yes, it made me quite nervous!)...


Once my job was done, I was more than happy to have my feet on the ground again! The boards that are at the top (at an angle) will hold the roof that will slant to the back (to let rain and such slide off)...


The children are so excited that the main skeleton of the clubhouse is finished. I must admit, I am a smidge jealous....this would have been so fun for my sister and I when we were young! Such fun memories the children will make! It makes my heart glad!

I went to spinning this morning and spun for 50 minutes (and still going every M,W,F). I am sticking to eating under my calorie limit and feeling better each and every day! :) How are *you* doing? :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a *great* Monday!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

Linked up with The Better Mom

6 comments:

  1. The clubhouse is looking good. I loved your quote at the beginning of the post and I'm going to "borrow" it to share on facebook. Enjoy your day! God is giving me another beautiful day to cherish. Off I go to make some memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it will be such a fun clubhouse! My dad made my brothers & me a tree house when we were kids too. So many fun times were had & good memories made there! Many years later, my first kiss with my now-husband was standing under that same tree, with the fort up above :)

    I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing little bits of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! This is exactly what Brad and Ian spent all day Saturday doing also! And it looks to be just as big and high as yours! :) And I totally get the envy! I would have loved a clubhouse like this when I was young. In fact, my sisters and I hounded my dad for years to build one. I told the kids that I'm going to have to use theirs now! Relive my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy I love the quote at the beginning of your post, its so true!!! The kids are so lucky to have a daddy who can build them a clubhouse!! I too would be a little afraid of the height! As far as my eating right and exercising go, I am doing alright, the weight is so VERY slowly moving on me though!! I have been fighting the same pound for weeks now and I am no where near goal so its not that, I'm not sure what it is but I'm keepking on!!! Keep going girlfriend we can do this!!! Have a wonderful week my friend!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the finished clubhouse!! Awesome!! When I was young, my friends and I used to "build" clubhouses in the woods....they were on the ground and had no real walls...but the joys of our building processes.....wonderful memories.....
    Take care...
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy