Monday, June 25, 2012

.::Monday::.


Hello there! It is an absolutely beautiful day in Pennsylvania! When I woke early this morning, it was raining quite hard with some lightning and thunder...but the weather has cleared up and is just wonderful now! It's sunshiny and warm with a great breeze.

I am sitting here at the dining room table. My hair is in two braids (courtesy of my daughter) and I am dressed in a long skirt and pink top. I am resting for a few minutes...taking a break from doing some mowing (with the reel mower). This morning, after spinning for 50 minutes, I came home and showered and started some laundry. Chris left for work and the children got up, did their chores and got dressed. Then we headed into town to run a few errands.

We have been home, now, for a bit. After lunch, the children went out to play while I nursed a headache. When I started to feel better I went out to get some mowing done. After the sunshine and rain we have gotten lately, the grass has been growing quickly!

The children have been helping do some things outside too!

Madelyn, hanging out clothes...


While Xavier and I put the goats out, Jaxson got them water...


Pearl, in the back, and Polly up close...


Chris is making fantastic progress on the clubhouse...


A few more walls, windows and a door to go...


This past weekend...

Madelyn helped me in the garden...



We are getting radishes galore! (I wish I *liked* radishes! Chris does, though, so he has been enjoying them!)...


Jaxson enjoyed looking through some books...


Madelyn and Jax played checkers on the front porch...


Madelyn was given some roses from my grandma's memorial service...


Having Eloise around during the viewing services for my grandma was really good for my heart. She kept things cheerful and sweet. She loved smelling silk flowers that were sitting on a table. Her simple joy was wonderful to watch.



Oh! Before I go, I wanted to share that I have now lost a total of 8 pounds! It's still slow-moving it seems...but it's real. I am getting fit and healthy and I can *feel* it! It feels **great**!

Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope your weekend was enjoyed with your loved ones and I wish you a joy-filled week ahead! :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the progress Katy! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U are doing great Katy.... I have also been working on my health and now my hubby and I walk in the mornings at about 6 am before the kids get up and before he goes to work. We live in a cul da sac and to walk our neighborhood is about a mile. We do wake our elderest daughter Crystal (she is 13 lol) so that she can make sure Kenzie does not get up before we get back in the house. But just wanted to say congrats again and I am sorry to hear about your grandmother have a wonderful rest of the day dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrratulations on the weight loss!

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, 8 pounds may not sound like a lot of weight to lose for how hard you've been working, but it's more than 1-1/2 bags (five pound bags) of sugar and they are HEAVY! I'm happy for you and I know you will reach your goal when you are meant to get there....whenever that may be. And don't little ones put a gladness in your heart and a smile on your face no matter what sad circumstances may be hovering in the background? I certainly find that they do! Take care, Katy, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the weight-loss!! Thank you for sharing your life with everyone. I love reading your posts!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is coming up so nicely!!! Wow 8 pounds already! so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, 8 pounds is wonderful. Remember, slowly. Last week when I weighed at Weight Watchers I had lost only .4 the previous week, so you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Katie! Your determination and enthusiasm is wonderful! You are sure reaping from your hard work. 8 lbs, That is so awesome! You can tell in your writing that you have a sweet sense of contentment and gratitude. I always enjoy seeing and reading all you share. Angelia in Tx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 8 lbs.!! That is awesome!!! I love seeing your days and your pictures!! Eloise is a doll!! I look forward to each of your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your weight loss, Katy! You're doing it the right way.....easier to keep off that way! Keep it up!

    Love reading about your family! God bless you all!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your weight loss! Slow and steady wins the race... so I think the rate you are losing will be the best in the long run. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea! Good for you! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,

    Thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog.

    It looks like you have a very pleasant family, home, and property.

    I too am working to lose weight and have lost 8 pounds. It has taken a long time for me to lose just that much (about two months), and my scale won’t budge. Sigh. Well, eventually.

    Nice to meet you,
    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy