Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Planting Flowers with Grammie


About a year ago, I posted pictures of my mom's yard...full of beautiful flowers, ponds and decor. You can see that post HERE. My mom called me, yesterday, and asked if the children and I would want to come out and help her plants some flowers. It rained in the morning...and was to rain later in the afternoon...so after lunch we headed out there. Mom had lots of flowers ready for us to plant!


Xavier and Madelyn (our good helpers) got busy planting...





Grammie and Madelyn working together...


That's my Jaxson (love that little guy ~ even if he wasn't much into helping with the garden-work!) in the background...


I didn't take more photos of my mom's yard...but if you click on that link I gave you at the beginning of this post, you can get a general idea of what it looks like again this year. It's just so pretty...such an enjoyable place to be! We love having picnics and cookouts there in the evenings through the months of nice weather! :)

I have finished my first-ever crocheted baby hat. As an avid knitter, any hats I have made have always been in a knitted stitch. I decided to try my hand at crocheting one, and here it is below (it will be a gift for Chris's cousin and his wife who are do with their first child in July!)! Although it is hard to tell, it is made using the same color yarn as I used when I knit THIS baby sweater!


How is your week going? Have you any project finishes lately?
Thank-you for dropping by for a visit! I hope you enjoy your day!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful yard and flowers over at your Mom's and such good helpers too! I love the new hat, you make me want to try. I am slowly working on some dolls but my oldest daughter is getting married on Sat, so I have been doing her flowers for that.Share pics after the wedding. It has been an exciting time planning and getting ready for it. It is outside so I am praying for no rain. :)
    Blessings and enjoy the rest of the week and weekend. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love hose big trees! I just came in from gardening, at 6am. When I'm up early, it helps me relax and feel peace.

    I'm baking my first pie this weekend! And I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty. I love flower gardens and how pretty they make things look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stopping by here daily for a little peek into your life! There is a small farm close by and every time I drive by I slow down and think of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty place your parents have! Love the shady trees!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you could all help plant the flowers! I havent't had a chance to plant any yet, but when i do i defintely want my boys to help! Your hat is really cool, right now i am working on a lego ninjago hat that i am loom knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful flowers!! Seeing your children in the middle of all of the flowers reminds me of a picture I have hanging in our school room...."All things grow with love"....so true, of the pretty flowers and beautiful kiddos :)

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy