Thursday, June 28, 2012

Days at Home


It's Thursday morning. The sun is shining, the children are playing and laundry is washing (which will be hung out on the lines as soon as it is finished!). I am sitting here in my denim skirt, olive green peasant top and my hair pulled up into a bun. It's suppose to get pretty hot today...thankfully, though, at the moment it is comfortable outside with a nice breeze!

I hope to get a bit of mowing done with the reel mower this morning...but we'll see. I'm not feeling 100% at the moment. Throughout the past few days, I have gotten a majority of the lawn already mowed. It's such a great workout...I am so thankful we got our mower! (The goats are out eating the grass too...so they are great little mowers as well!) :o)


Although the clubhouse isn't done yet (and Chris hasn't had much time to work on it this week), the children still enjoy sitting up there (this mama is anxious for the other walls to go up...as it will be much safer then!)...


Xavier, using leftover wood, made a great stool for them to sit on up in their club!


Right now, in addition to my time in God's Word, I am reading "Our Sufficiency in Christ" by John MacArthur. It is absolutely *full* of truth and wisdom! I am really enjoying and gleaning much from it! Here are just a few (of the many I have highlighted) truths that you may find as beneficial as I did...

"For many, self-esteem, self-worth, and a man-centered theology have created a greater confidence in self than in the Holy Spirit. The truth is, only the Holy Spirit can produce and sustain spiritual life. Apart from Him, all our efforts are in vain.....Sanctification comes by the Spirit working through the Word to transform us into Christ's image (2 Cor. 3:18)....Therefore we must reject man-centered, humanistic "solutions" and learn to rely on the Spirit and walk in His power."

"...there is a trend in contemporary evangelicalism away from expository, doctrinal preaching and a movement toward and experience-centered, pragmatic, shallow, topical approach in the pulpit.....The church is suppose to confront the world. The message God has called us to preach is not designed to make sinners comfortable. The fear of God is what should motivate us to persuade men (2 Cor. 5:10-11). Many preachers today are fearful only of offending people; hence they preach an insipid, powerless message that is in fact as offense to God."

"...it is spiritually lethal to tolerate false doctrine and apostate teachers--and foolish not to know the difference. But the spirit of ignorant tolerance that plagues the church today often brands any attempt to scrutinize others' teaching as narrow-minded, unloving, or divisive. The flip side of tolerance of error is indifference to truth--and that is disastrous."


It's funny...the more I grow and mature in my faith...the less that I feel I truly know, as there always seems to be more than I realize I haven't grasped! It's truly quite humbling! God's glory is so great...absolutely unfathomable!
It baffles me how so many seem to blindly follow the teachings of the Joel Osteens and Joyce Meyers of the world. I feel like the false teachers stick out like sore thumbs and yet many flock to hear them teach. It saddens me...because you won't find truth with them.

***
Well, time is ticking away and I could go on and on. Quickly, I want to share these last few pictures then I really must get moving! :)

Jaxson...


Madelyn in the pretty new skirt Grammie found for her...


And below shows the DVD set I won from Homestead Drying Racks a month or two back. We haven't started watching it yet but definitely will soon, to be sure!


Wishing you a glorious Thursday! Thank you for taking the time to stop by! :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

Linked up with:
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Far Above Rubies

3 comments:

  1. I think that ladder IN the clubhouse would make me nervous!!! What fun though!!

    Like Mad's new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book your reading sounds great!! I have read a couple of books by MacArthur and he always challenges me and teaches me new things! We belong to a Reformed Baptist church and I am so very thankful for a pastor that teaches sound doctrine and preaches expositorily (sp?). I couldn't agree with you more!!

    Here in the Midwest, we are having over 100 degree temps along with a drought....makes me look forward to fall. ;)

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog Katy! I love the pictures from around your home. I am going to have myself a look around your blog. Blessings! Tami

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy