Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quick Bread

For those times when you want homemade crusty bread and forgot to set aside the right amount of time to do it...here is a recipe for *Quick Bread*! 
Enjoy!


Quick Bread
~ 1,450 calories per loaf ~

2 1/2 c. flour
1 T. yeast
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. hot water
2 T. olive oil
1 egg + 2 T. milk (egg wash)
cooking spray

Combine first four ingredients. Add water and oil. Stir. Knead for 5 minutes. Cover with damp cloth and let rise 30 minutes. Spray bread pan with cooking spray. Put bread into pan and brush the top with egg wash. Bake at 400* until golden brown (the recipe didn't have an exact amount of time but from my experience with it, 20-25  minutes is usually a good baking time.).



Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

Linked to:
Raising Homemakers
Michelle's Tasty Creations
Above Rubies

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this receipe. I am going to give it a try this weekend.

    I have a question for you. Do you have a good homemade pizza crust receipe something easy to if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a taste of home...warm and comforting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks wonderful.im going to make it to go along with tonights supper.wishing you a fun filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this recipe ~ I often think how good it would be if I had a faster version of homemade bread for those days when I don't get started early enough.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine turned out really good yesterday. Thanks for sharing I will be making it again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I've been wanting a simple bread recipe!

    I am going to give it a try!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bread looks delicious! I love homemade bread and one with a short raising time is a plus. Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy