Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The First Day of Summer

Today is the official first day of summer. Temperatures in Western PA will definitely reflect that as we are to get into the 90's. I am so thankful I go to my spinning class early in the morning while it is still cool out! :) For any that may be wondering, spin class is going well and since June 1st, I have lost 6 pounds (an average of two pounds per week). Of course, I would love to speed up the process...but this is a lifestyle change, not just a quick-fix, so I need to make my eating and exercising sustainable. 


Our summer days are full...chores and housework, playing games, reading, mowing, riding bikes, gardening, swimming and on some days, even napping! I sit and do some knitting, as well, from time-to-time but not nearly as much as I knit in the colder months.


This morning, the children and I will be heading to a bible study with other ladies of the church. We are looking forward to it. The children will play with the other children in attendance while the ladies meet, study and fellowship on Titus 2. Today is the first day of the study and I am looking forward to growing and maturing in my faith through it! God's Word is the book our entire lives should be based around, as it is God-breathed from the Father to us...to teach, admonish, encourage and direct us in our lives. I am in the Word, daily, as well as glean much from our weekly church services (full of fantastic book-by-book/verse-by-verse teaching...**not topical preaching, which is, unfortunately, so common nowadays**) but having a study with other women will encourage my growth even more!


The rest of the week will keep us busy as we will have the viewing/memorial services for my grandma on Thursday and Friday and then a busy day of things planned for Saturday (I feel exhausted from it all, already!). It will be days filled to over-flowing with family, friends, tears and laughter.


I need to get going...I have a few things to do before bible study this morning. I have included some photos of my recent memory journaling, just for fun.

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to visit. I hope the rest of your week is joy-filled!



Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. Days are full and busy,but with goodness! So very sorry for your loss...comfort and peace to your family in Jesus name.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    I will be thinking and praying for you and your family. She is at peace now and with Jesus.

    Take care
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same books...the top 3 in your picture!! Wonderful books!! I love how you cherish the days, and each moment. Our children grow up so so quickly!! :(.

    Great job on your weight loss! I enjoy hearing your updates, it keeps me motivated.... :)

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I just noticed the Bible Trivia book....I don't have that one, but the other 3 on top....my daughters and I really enjoyed "Maidens of Virtue"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,

    Love the memory journals! You've inspired me. I think that style suits me because I love to doodle and from what I can tell, you just put a random cut out picture that you like maybe? And then just write daily going-ons or thoughts?

    I noticed the book Maidens of Virtue in your stack and it's on my book list right now to purchase! It is one that Joy and I haven't read and want to read.

    Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm a slow loser too but don't give up....it comes off, just stay steady! :)

    Hugs and have a wonderful summer day!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy~ Do you mind if I ask where you get the pretty pictures from? The ones in your journal are all so pretty. I don't get many magazines so I can't find many like you have. A beautiful post as always and once again you have encouraged and inspired me so thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello JoAnn! :)

      I get my pictures from Country Living magazines mostly! :)

      Delete
  7. I always love to take a peek inside your journals...I think I may adopt this idea...I know I keep saying it...but its a matter of starting...looks like something I may enjoy.
    I agree...bible study with others is sos refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and congrats on your waitloss!! Thats really good amount of weight....happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy