Friday, June 22, 2012

Wonderful Words from the Excellent Wife


"In addition to thanking God and praising His goodness, adopt a high view of God. You are here to serve God, not God here to serve you. Humbly bow before Him taking the posture of His creature whose chief end is to glorify God. Serve God through your ministry to your husband and your family. Revere God. Think of Him and treat Him as the High and Holy God." 
~Martha Peace, The Excellent Wife (emphasis mine)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. The pretty picture made me smile!!! It looks like someone is developing your artistic abilities :). I need to pull that book down off the shelf and read it again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good...

    Had this conversation with one of my children yesterday. (:

    Have a wonderful weekend Katy!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy~ I just purchased this book and the study guide this past month and am excited to read it and take it all in. Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great book! It's been on my shelf for years, and I think it's time to dust it off again. It's lovingly highlighted and marked up ~ a challenging and convicting study!

    Thanks for this encouragement~

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful quote and how often we need to hear these truths!!!! I love you site and looking at all of the sweet pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy